Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best butchers in Limerick for fillet steaks

Options
  • 11-02-2014 10:56am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Every year I cook up some fillet steaks for valentines - I'm wondering where you would recommend for the best fillet steaks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

Aldi - fillet Steaks there are the best I've ever had ....

Having some tonight actually, roll on 5pm !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

O'Connells Butchers on Little Catherine St is the best place in the city for meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

elmolesto wrote: »
    O'Connells Butchers on Little Catherine St is the best place in the city for meat.

Love their Corned Beef - reminds me of me childhood, and when you grill it on toast it smells like a wet dog, but yummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Every year I cook up some fillet steaks for valentines - I'm wondering where you would recommend for the best fillet steaks?

Could you be my valentine? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Butchers in Caherdavin..ribeye steaks about 16 oz...the best by far...have tried Aldi's and they're a poor man's steak in comparison.
    Of course you get what you pay for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

jmch81 wrote: »
    Could you be my valentine? ;)

you can also be mine if you too dont work out. I'll wait my turn

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hi all,

https://www.garretts.ie/

Garretts butchers in Raheen and Castletroy have the nicest fillet steak I've ever had.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Garretts.

True gent. Passionate about his trade. Produce is treated with top quality care.
    Food is A1. Definitely a man that knows his stuff.

Could not recommend more. Just go in there. See the store. Speak to the staff.

Bit of pepper sauce. Lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,886 ✭✭✭✭phog

h3000 wrote: »
    https://www.garretts.ie/

Garretts butchers in Raheen and Castletroy have the nicest fillet steak I've ever had.

Garretts get my vote too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

+4 for Garrett's

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hi all,
    Thanks for the answers. The reason I was asking was because I normally buy from O'Connells but have been buying a lot from Garretts in Castletroy recently and was thinking of trying them out for the fillet :)

I think I will :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Fillet steak is currently half price in the butchers in the parkway, had some today and it was very tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 6,673 ✭✭✭flutered

for many years my fav has been superquinn in castletroy, ask them to cut it from the side, never take steak from a display, yess i have cooked it and eaten it in more places than some know exist.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Went with Garrett's.

Melt in mouth.

Advertisement