Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

airport transfers

Options
  • 11-02-2014 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I am a wheelchair user and currently in the process of organising my summer holidays. I will be travelling with an able bodied friend and we decided to go to Greece. Every year before I travel I do all my planning including airport transfers before I go. As I have quite good upper body strength I am able to manage getting in and out of a car so don't need wheelchair accessible transport. A couple of weeks ago I contacted a taxi transfer company telling them of my plans and asking if they could allocate me an ordinary car for my transfers as although I can manage a car on my last holiday I was allocated a van which I wasn't able to climb into. The company said that was no problem and just to give them the details of my plans and they would get back to me with a quote of the price. A few days past and I got an email from the company saying their supplier in Greece saying my wheelchair wouldn't fit in any of their cars and I would have to use a mini van. I have been on the Facebook page of the supplier and my wheelchair would fit in their cars no problem, I want to complain about this and was wondering how best to go about it. I know there is loads of wheelchair transport companies in Greece but they cost a lot more and I simply don't need a wheelchair accessible vehicle.

Advertisement