Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASUS Eee Pad TF101

Options
  • 11-02-2014 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

Was wondering if anybody has used this tablet before? In the market for a new tablet, to replace my Easypad 970 which, to be honest is a bit bandy, usb port doesn't work anymore, touchscreen can get very unresponisve/respond to touches it's not actually getting.

I see it here on dabs.ie, refurbished, for about 200, which seems like a very good price.

I like the fact that the screen is a good size, and the fact that there's a keyboard/cover available for purchase elsewhere, that as a bonus, has an extra built in battery.

Are there any other decent sized tablets in that price range that people can recommend? I'd like to go for a fairly well known brand, after the hassle I had even trying to get a cover for the Easypad.

Comments

That poor spec tablet for that price. A Samsung Galaxy tab wouldn't set you back much more and the spec would be significantly better.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Thanks for the reply, I notice the Galaxy Tab 3 is on sale at the minute, may look into that for an 8 inch screen, I feel 7 inches would be too small for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

I have a TF101 that I got when they launched and it is OK. It is a little underpowered now and does not upgrade past Android 4.0.

Not sure how important screen size is, but I would be inclined to recommend you consider a Nexus 7 2013 as an alternative. Screen is fantastic, it has plenty of processing power, runs latest Android and battery is very good. That said, no micro SD on the Nexus whereas the TF101 has good expansion.

The TF101 also comes with a proprietary charger that is fairly flimsy whereas the Nexus just uses micro USB.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Thanks for the replies again, I saw a Galaxy Tab 3 listed on the bargains page for about 85 euro off, so went and ordered that instead. Think the screen size should be sufficient, and it's a well known brand. In terms of processing power, my old tablet had a single core 1.2Ghz processor, and I found its performance to be fine, so going to a dual core 1.5 will be awesome.

Advertisement