Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

URGENT!!Last minute question

Options
  • 10-02-2014 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Handing in my LC choice subject form in tmr
    on subject - history ,art,business
    Q1. Are those 3 subjects has a picky marking scheme?
    Q2. Are those 3 subs need really good literature for the essays and long answer?
    Q3. Do you answer business question in long answers or bullet points?
    Q4.Exam structure of art please
    Q5. Do you need to Write and learn a lot of essays for geography and is it difficult enough of the learning? And if I got an B in HL in JC , you think I'm able to do LC geography?

Thank you all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

Helenm98 wrote: »
    Q2. Are those 3 subs need really good literature for the essays and long answer?
    Q5. Do you need to Write and learn a lot of essays for geography and is it difficult enough of the learning? And if I got an B in HL in JC , you think I'm able to do LC geography?

Thank you all

HISTORY:this isn't a "if you know you're stuff you'll get an A1" you need to understand how certain events contribute to something and honestly it is hard to do so, but if youre hard working, then an A is attainable.

Art: With regards to art, there is 4 exams, the life sketching which is just drawing 2 poses/ still life which is drawing a collection of objects/ craft which is your clay or whatever and then art history. To do well one must be good at the art history which is worth 37.5%, and the marking scheme can be quite difficult with the practical exams. You have to be really really good to achieve high marks. However I do feel that it is relatively easy to do well in the art history and there isn't that much to learn in comparison to other subjects.

Both art and art history requires a certain amount of literary talent, so they wouldn't be my first choice if you're failing english. Assuming that you did both at JC, the courses are completely different and they do require writing a lot of essays.

Geography

If you are okay at rote learning, then an A is very attainable in this subject. Personally, I don't find it difficult and achieve A's all the time as I learn the stuff, but I know others who don;t find it difficult. If you got a B, you're more than capable.

I can't make the decision for you but I would really recommend Geography. It depends on how much of a hard worker you are though.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭FifaPlaya

Helenm98 wrote: »

Thank you all

A1. I would do either art or history. Don't do business unless you are doing it right now.

A2. History requires long essays and a lot of information and it is time consuming.

A3. I'm afraid I do not know much about business as I currently don't do it. As I've heard it's all theory with no accounting or economics in the course

A4. My art teacher told me there is a two day drawing exam, 3hr written exam and lots of prep sheets and support studies .

A5. LC Geography is the same as JC Geography but you have to answer more questions. I would consider it an easier subject for the points.

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Business - quite a nice subject

- You really need to know your stuff to get an A1
    - Need to be able to give examples, therefore, keeping in touch with the news
    - Course is fairly common sense
    - Answers are in bullet points (Usually need to state the point e.g. cost, sales etc and then give 2 points of info and an example)
    - 10 short qs as well as a comprehension style q and a mix of other long qs
    - Timing is key - very easy to not get the paper finished
    - No project work necessary i.e. in Home Ec you must submit those food reports, history there is a report/essay ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Helenm98

Hi guys
    I've made my decision and I chose
    1.biology
    2.art
    3.business
    4.chemistry
    5.history
    6.geography

I dont know which 3 subjects will I get but I'll be glad and happy cuz I did my best in thinkin seriously about my choice.

Thank you guys

Advertisement