Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Tunnel - e payment?

Options
  • 10-02-2014 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭

Anybody know what company operates the toll for the Limerick tunnel, I seem to remember its eflow? I tried googling now but cant seem to find the answer.
    How did it work, and is it the same price per use as paying cash or is it cheaper?
    Would you recommend registering with them if you are a user of this service?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭banjobongo

thanks. I already checked that linky before posting on this site. Last time I drove thru the tunnel, there was one of the big operaters name for the epayment, I think it was etoll or eflow, something like this, it was not called Limerick Tunnel Tags, so maybe this link is out of date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

All toll tags will work in the tunnel.

testicle wrote: »
    All toll tags will work in the tunnel.

oh OK I didnt know that!
    I think I am already registered with eflow, for the M50 toll, so if you are correct, I shoudl be able to drive straight throguh the Limerick tunnell toll?

I am correct, so yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

banjobongo wrote: »
    oh OK I didnt know that!
    I think I am already registered with eflow, for the M50 toll, so if you are correct, I shoudl be able to drive straight throguh the Limerick tunnell toll?
    testicle wrote: »
    I am correct, so yes.

As far as I know you can, though ONLY if you have an actual electronic toll tag. I don't believe the number plate recognition will work in the tunnel.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Company Representative Posts: 62 Verified rep eFlow: Reps

oh OK I didnt know that!

Hi banjobongo,

eFlow tags work on every barrier toll road in the Republic of Ireland, however if you have a video recognition account that would only cover you on the M50-you would not be covered on the Limerick Tunnel.

If you would like to Private Message me with your account information, I can advise you what type of account you have with eFlow.

If you have a video account I can simply switch it to a tag account for you if you would like to be covered for all toll roads.

Kind Regards,
    Maureen
    eFlow Customer Service

Hi banjobongo,

eFlow tags work on every barrier toll road in the Republic of Ireland, however if you have a video recognition account that would only cover you on the M50-you would not be covered on the Limerick Tunnel.

If you would like to Private Message me with your account information, I can advise you what type of account you have with eFlow.

If you have a video account I can simply switch it to a tag account for you if you would like to be covered for all toll roads.

Kind Regards,
    Maureen
    eFlow Customer Service

Im impressed with your response, very professional, well done! I would prefer to call, its so long since I last used it I have lost my log in details. Whats the contact phone number?

• Company Representative Posts: 62 Verified rep eFlow: Reps

Im impressed with your response, very professional, well done! I would prefer to call, its so long since I last used it I have lost my log in details. Whats the contact phone number?

Hi banjobongo,

Thanks, I would be able to track your information through Boards.ie Private Messages if you’d like, I would just need your Registration number, name address & contact telephone number.

However if you’d prefer to ring the contact number is 1890 50 10 50, customer service is open between 7am to 11pm every day.

Kind Regards,
    Maureen
    eFlow Customer Service

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

....How did it work, and is it the same price per use as paying cash or is it cheaper?

Cash is the cheapest option for the Limerick tunnel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,893 ✭✭✭✭phog

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Cash is the cheapest option for the Limerick tunnel.

Which shouldn't make sense. You would imagine a cashless barrier should be cheaper to run and also iirc the tags are prepaid.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭meg3178

phog wrote: »
    Which shouldn't make sense. You would imagine a cashless barrier should be cheaper to run and also iirc the tags are prepaid.

I agree, but you are charged more for using your tag. :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I'd imagine it should be cheaper for a toll tag but obviously not. You have to pay a monthly fee for the tag. It is only a benefit if you are going through the M50 regularly or tolls in general to save time. The toll tag lane at the Tunnel doesn't work right. I regularly see people reversing out because the second one never lifted.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I know the tunnel (or at least they used to) have cards for bulk journeys that works out cheaper if you're going through regularly. You might find it easier than routing around for change.

Mr. G wrote: »
    The toll tag lane at the Tunnel doesn't work right. I regularly see people reversing out because the second one never lifted.

That's because they're going too fast or there's someone too close behind them.

Advertisement