Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 32LN5400 32 Inch Full HD 1080p LED TV - £184.49 Delivered Amazon

Options
  • 10-02-2014 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭

Has gotten very hot over on HUKD, price above includes the VAT difference. Works out at just under €230

Buy at Amazon

9158630_R_Z001A_UC1477971?$TMB$&wid=312&hei=312
    Product Description

Versatile LED TV with the brilliant picture quality boosted by LG's cutting-edge motion processing, the 32LN5400 is an all-round star performerIt boasts smart energy saving features and a USB connection that allows you to enjoy movies, pictures and music stored on a hard disk or flash drive and virtual surround sound quality
    LG Intelligent Sensor technology automatically finds the optimal brightness, sharpness, colour and contrast picture settings to enhance the picture quality and reduce power consumption
    Experience incredible vivid images and unbeatable clarity with the full HD LED screen, bringing a true to life cinema experience direct to your living room
    Take advantage of HDMI connectivity, delivering full HD content at high speed.

Box Contains

32LN5400 LED TV
    Remote Control
    Stand
    Instructions

Back up to £238.96

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Downside is you won't get saorview in HD.

Mentioned here.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,317 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I am in the market for a new TV.

Not entirely happy woth how my old Samsung LCD handles blacks.

Contrast ratio is the relevant spec to measure that, right? Couldn't find what the CR is on that TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭dodzy

noodler wrote: »
    I am in the market for a new TV.

Not entirely happy woth how my old Samsung LCD handles blacks.

Contrast ratio is the relevant spec to measure that, right? Couldn't find what the CR is on that TV.

http://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-32LN5400/technical-specifications

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

Showing up as £238.96 for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Absoluvely wrote: »
    Downside is you won't get saorview in HD.

What are you basing that on Absoluvely?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Yamanoto wrote: »

Doesn't have the mpeg4 or mpeg5 tuner I assume?

It has standard Freeview rather than Freeview HD. Let me know if I'm wrong.

HUKD has plenty of threads on the TV here.

It has standard Freeview rather than Freeview HD. Let me know if I'm wrong.

Can't say definitively (as I don't have that particular set), but there's a reasonable chance you are. :)

For the past few years, those LG 'standard' Freeview sets have had the requisite goodies on-board to deliver Saorview i.e. DVB-T + MPEG4 + MHEG5.

What it won't have is DVB-T2 & as such, won't do Freeview HD in the UK. I know the advice you'll often see given on boards is 'if it's not Freeview HD, it won't do Saorview', but that's not a hard & fast rule by any means.

That original price was very decent & if I were in need of a set, I'd certainly take the punt on that being compatible this side of the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jimlynch123

http://www.pixmania.ie/led-tv/blaupunkt-bla32-147-led-television/21812066-a.html

BLAUPUNKT BLA32/147 - LED television
    HD TV, 32 inch (82 cm) 16/9, Freeview, HDMI x3, USB 2.0,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,209 EURO DELIVERED

Bought this 32 in TV almost 6 months ago,I am very happy with it great connections 3 hdmi,usb input etc it has excellent sound and picture well worth the money,worth taken a look for anyone looking for a good priced 32 in TV...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

This is back on offer from Amazon with a 1 to 2 month wait (Amazon usually deliver much faster than the estimates).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Question is it a saorview television
    Customer avatarmummy04Location: northern ireland
    1 answer
    Answer(s)
    Hi there, thank you for your question regarding the LG 32LN5400 32 Inch Full HD 1080p LED TV.

I have checked with LG and I can confirm this TV is not compatible with Saorview.

Thank you got using Argos Q&A.
    Customer avatarJason @ ArgosLocation: Acton Gate

Found this on the Argos site. Still a good TV for use with Sky or Combi Receiver.

lindtee wrote: »
    This is back on offer from Amazon with a 1 to 2 month wait (Amazon usually deliver much faster than the estimates).

Arrived today so well ahead of the estimates.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭cwboy

pissed wrote: »
    Found this on the Argos site. Still a good TV for use with Sky or Combi Receiver.

Just got this TV and all the Saorview channels work fine. Just plugged in a bog standard aerial and it found all the channels.

cwboy wrote: »
    Just got this TV and all the Saorview channels work fine. Just plugged in a bog standard aerial and it found all the channels.

Just after trying this myself and can confirm it works. Had a saorview box plugged into it so great to get rid of that.

You're not getting Saorview in HD though, are you?
    No RTÉ One HD logo when you're on RTÉ 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭droidman123

I don't think rte one is in HD? Only rte 2?

south wrote: »
    Just after trying this myself and can confirm it works. Had a saorview box plugged into it so great to get rid of that.

Did you need an outdoor aerial with the box or would an indoor UHF aerial work? I,m in Dublin.

If folks are receiving terrestrial TV via an aerial, they're receiving both channels in HD.

I believe UPC customers may have it also by now, with Sky being the last to roll it out.

I don't think rte one is in HD? Only rte 2?

RTÉ One HD has been on Saorview HD since 16th December 2013.
    Did you need an outdoor aerial with the box or would an indoor UHF aerial work? I,m in Dublin.

You'll only need an indoor aerial. You can get mains-powered ones that have an internal amplifier, but an unpowered aerial should work fine too.

If folks are receiving Saorview via an aerial, they're receiving both channels in HD.

I believe UPC customers may have it also by now, with Sky being the last to roll it out.

Yes, UPC customers get all the RTÉs.

101: RTÉ1
    102: RTÉ2
    135: RTÉ1 HD
    136: RTÉ2 HD

So the standard-definition versions of RTÉ1 or RTÉ2 aren't on Saorview at all?

• Advertisement

So the standard-definition versions of RTÉ1 or RTÉ2 aren't on Saorview at all?

The HD replaced the SD.

I presume UPC kept the SD channels at 101/102 as not all their subscribers will have boxes capable of delivering HD.

Really a discussion for the Terrestrial forum methinks.

I'm just using an indoor aerial and it's working fine. RTE 1 HD is also working fine using the aerial on this TV

south wrote: »
    I'm just using an indoor aerial and it's working fine. RTE 1 HD is also working fine using the aerial on this TV

thanks, and does the digital aertel and subtitles work with the indoor aerial? I,m in the process of buying a saorview box and indoor aerial for my dad.

thanks, and does the digital aertel and subtitles work with the indoor aerial? I,m in the process of buying a saorview box and indoor aerial for my dad.

Both work.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭cwboy

As stated just using a simple indoor aerial about ten years old. Receiving all channels including one and two in hd. Text and subtitles also work. I can see Mt Leinster and the mast from my Window.

Advertisement