Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to find a new home for my dog :(

Options
  • 10-02-2014 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Unfortunately I find myself in a horrible situation. I need to find a new home for my 6 year old Jack Russel Daxter. If there was anyway I could keep him I would. He previously lived with my mother but she's now in hospital and is unlikely to be leaving anytime soon. I live in Dublin for college and animals aren't allowed in the apartments.

He is a well trainer and very lovable little dog. He's great with adults and children.

Please PM me if you think you could give him a home or make a post if you have any suggestions.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

whats he like with other dogs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Could you place him in a home for a while, like the place in Kilfinnane, and maybe pay them €X a week until your situation may change?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Your best bet is to contact LAW and other rescues in the area on FB and ask them to post a pic of him with some details. LAW do take surrenders but there is a long waiting list as they have so many strays/abandonments coming in. There is also a thread in the animal and pet issues section here on boards so post in there as well.

Whatever you do make sure you do a home check, make sure that the potential owners have an enclosed garden etc. Free to a good home dogs often end up in the hands of some very unsavoury types.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭tara m

I have a 13 yo female, and two one year old pups. All JRT's, Poppy my female is the boss - how is he with other dogs? we have a farm/plant nursery in west limerick. Is he a good mouser??! also second the above post - be discerning x

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

Hi guys thanks for all the replies. I've actually found a home for Daxter where I know he will be looked after and cared for :).

• Advertisement
Advertisement