Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Documentary on Manuela

Options
  • 10-02-2014 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Anybody watch this on Sunday night on RTE 1? Documenting the plight of the parents of murdered Swiss teenager Manuela in Galway, 2007, I found it heart breaking and poignant.
    I was amazed to see the kindness of some local Galway people, in particular the kind man who tends to her "Galway" grave.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I watched it. It was heartbreaking, I agree re the kindness of that man, and many others who have done whatever they can to help her parents. My heart goes out to them. I hope that visiting Galway does bring them some little bit of comfort in the face of the worst tragedy possible for any parent. May she rest in peace, poor little girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

A sensitive retelling of this heartbreaking story. Massive credit to Mick Peelo and the WYB team for putting this together.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

An excellent programme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

As much as I like to bash RTÉ (deservedly so a lot of the time) they do some excellent factual/documentary television and this was one of the best examples.

The locals, particularly Tom were class acts. Glad their parents can find some comfort in that after all that's happened.

Advertisement