Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing phones...

Options
  • 09-02-2014 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

Hi

Greenhorn question if anyone can help it would be great.

So my pup got my phone - samsung galaxy pay as you go sim on the meteor network. It's not wrecked but there's some chew marks indented near the top of the screen.

Now the OH has a HTC that he's never used - it was on the O2 network but he hated the smart phone and took his sim out to use in his old phone same network.

Can I just use my meteor sim un the HTC or do I need to look for unlocking codes - and do I contact O2 or meteor?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭pah

Have you tried putting the sim in the htc? what model is it - it may take a microsim. o2 are mad for locking their phones to their network. test it first to see obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

pah wrote: »
    Have you tried putting the sim in the htc? what model is it - it may take a microsim. o2 are mad for locking their phones to their network. test it first to see obviously

I will.indeed just have to charge it up first - htc1 - yeah I feared that because originally the htc was wrongly put on the vodaphone network (in the shop we bought in over christmas ) and it was a bugger to change it to O2 - Is there a way to unlock a phone to work with any network?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭pah

The htc one takes a microsim. You can usually change with your provider foc

im confused. A phone doesn't get wrongly put on one network or another. if a network sells a phone they can simlock the phone to their own network.

if the phone was locked to vodafone and you managed to get it working with o2 then i imagine it is now unlocked - it is highly unlikely that the phone would be then sim locked to o2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

pah wrote: »
    The htc one takes a microsim. You can usually change with your provider foc

im confused. A phone doesn't get wrongly put on one network or another. if a network sells a phone they can simlock the phone to their own network.

if the phone was locked to vodafone and you managed to get it working with o2 then i imagine it is now unlocked - it is highly unlikely that the phone would be then sim locked to o2

Thanks for that Pah.

Re: the phone being put on the wrong network - my OH hadn't got his phone with him when we bought the HTC and the shop checked his mobile number and said it was on the vodaphone network - we realised after it wasn't - I know most people would know their phone network - but we're not huge mobile users ;)

But thanks for your help.

Update

sim works fine I was wrong about the model it's a vodaphone smart - hence the probs I had initially - thanks again!

Advertisement