Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

alarm trouble

Options
  • 09-02-2014 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have a general question about my alarm system.

Its an astec - only about 3 years old.

Some of the wiring and sensor/contact components are left over from the previous astec alarm which we had.

The thing is, less than every year I have to get a technician out to deal with some fault.

The panel may display that the fault is a tamper or or something like that but it always turns out to be a sensor which has come to the end of its life.

The thing is, some of the sensors are from the original alarm installed over 15 years ago and are still operating fine.

I just wonder why every year one small thing gives trouble and needs to be fixed.

This time is a keypad fault.

Any thoughts
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

sully123 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I have a general question about my alarm system.

Its an astec - only about 3 years old.

Some of the wiring and sensor/contact components are left over from the previous astec alarm which we had.

The thing is, less than every year I have to get a technician out to deal with some fault.

The panel may display that the fault is a tamper or or something like that but it always turns out to be a sensor which has come to the end of its life.

The thing is, some of the sensors are from the original alarm installed over 15 years ago and are still operating fine.

I just wonder why every year one small thing gives trouble and needs to be fixed.

This time is a keypad fault.

Any thoughts

I take it you have the Fusion installed, this system is obsolete. Components are not built to last forever and I would have to say it coincidence more so that anything if it happens once a year.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You said it yourself , the original sensors are 15 years old. Everything has a life span, If you got the panel upgraded only a few years ago then its time to look at replacing the sensors if need be & also check the wiring. If your spending money every year its going to be cheaper in the long run to look at your upgrading options.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

There's a keypad bug on the Fusion. It generates a keypad fault/tamper and the panel needs to be powered down every so often to stop it.

Advertisement