Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD - Can I draw on my lab coat?

Options
  • 09-02-2014 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm a first year in UCD Science and I've seen some older students with signatures or scribbles on their lab coats, along with the chemical and blood stains that go with the labs. Am I allowed to do a more elaborate design on the back of my coat (specifically a human skeleton)?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I'm more concerned with the apparent probability that you're going to become a crazy scientist who's going to end up in Iran. I have notified the Irish secret service.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭LoveChanel

Haha as if we could afford a secret service in Ireland =P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

LoveChanel wrote: »
    Haha as if we could afford a secret service in Ireland =P

Actually, we can and we have two of them (i.e. Garda Special Branch and G2).

OP, you're only in first year. Give your lab coat another few years and it'll look like shit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I think you have fill an application form requesting permission which goes to the UCD president( this is pretty much the biggest part of his job, for anyone wondering what El Pres actually does) then if he approves it, he calls you in for a meeting where you have to submit a portfolio of your artwork to see if you're any good. Then if he likes what he sees, then you're good to go.Hope this helps

Makes me wish I got enough points really, lucky for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I can't quote this exactly, but I remember someone (Medicine or Science) saying that your lab coat couldn't have writing on it for the purpose of exams etc i.e. There would be nothing stopping you writing an entire text book on your sleeve. Obviously that only applies to a practical exam but someone to consider before you start doodling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

In Science at least (as far as I've experienced as a 4th year), any exams you do in labs are done right when you come in, before the coats are put on. Draw away, OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 thefuzzydude

Thankyou very much, this has all been extremely helpful (think I'll break out the markers!!) Thankyou!

Advertisement