Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea trout dublin

Options
  • 09-02-2014 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I'm just getting back into fishing, mainly salmon after a few years out and heard about sea trout fishing from the shore in Dublin.

I've never fished in the sea and was wondering where are the best places to fish on the north side of Dublin.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

I am from kerry so wouldn't know much about the sea trout fishing around dublin but i was very surprised in reading the annual specimen awards annual from 1976 to 2013, there has being some massive sea trout caught in the dodder and different rivers around county dublin…

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dnm100

Glad to hear it, the statistics i found on Fishingireland.ie weren't very promising, showing very few fish being caught in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Flysfisher

Dnm100 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm just getting back into fishing, mainly salmon after a few years out and heard about sea trout fishing from the shore in Dublin.

I've never fished in the sea and was wondering where are the best places to fish on the north side of Dublin.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. :)

There are some very good seatrout there. I do not fish for them myself, but i wouldn't expect too many to be posting the locations of their favourite spots. You may need to put in the leg work yourself.

Thanks flysfisher, I suppose I just wanted to get some idea if it was pub talk or if there are actual real fish to be caught. Guess I'll have to put on the wellies and go for a walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭gumpy2

• Advertisement

Thanks that looks the ticket will at least teach me how to avoid falling into the sea.

Advertisement