Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CMod mikey dolenze and abuse of mod power mk 2

Options
  • 09-02-2014 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

I am the other poster banned ( for 2 weeks in my case ) by Mickey Dolenz.

I accept my ban arising out of my intemperate response to being told not to post on a thread again.

I call on another to review the thread to look for other posters who soured things there.

The subject matter is new legislation which dramatically affects building control in Ireland. There are winners and losers and many are adversely affected and from that the subject generates heat. I was not the only source of that heat.

I am looking for an even hand here that's all. If others may remain in place after their conduct I should be allowed back to C+P and specifically to that thread after 2 weeks.

I do undertake to "count to ten" in future

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,187 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from DRP as this isn't DRP related.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Hi 4Sticks

I would like to clear up a few things. The use of thread ban removes a poster from a topic without banning them from the forum. some favour it as it leaves no record and posters are free to continue using the forum.

I can't speak about actions against other posters, but I can say more than 2 posters were thread banned.

What I don't get is why you constantly carry on with personal digs and off topic posts. You obviously have a lot of knowledge about the subject matter, you seem to want to sabotage yourself with petty bickering. While the thread is very interesting to read it can also be trying at times.

The last thing I want is to stifle debate but we can't have the constant bickering.

If you can assure us that you are willing to drop the bickering, we would be more than happy to have you contribute to the topic.

What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭4Sticks

I recognize my failings and accept both the ban and your criticisms here . I will up my game if permitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

It's a deal so.

Once your ban is up, you are free to contribute to the thread.

As a show of good faith, the two week ban will be reduced to one week. Please contact me on 15th and I'll lift the ban.

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement