Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birthday cake....

Options
  • 09-02-2014 10:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

Obviously i wouldnt be posting this if Ivans was still open but...where in the city/close to the city can i order a really good birthday cake (preferably a place with a few options to choose from). I know The Dessert Gallery is gone too, which is such a pity as they made great cakes too. I am not a fan of Superquinns cakes so if anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

Bean a Ti
    Little Catherine Street
    (061) 346518

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

Zest fAb cakes. One up by people's park and the other ballysimon business park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

the danes on wiliam street do great cakes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Got a lovely cake in superquinns in castletroy yesterday, bakery was doing a roaring trade.
    Had a photo put on the cake, came out perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭judosean2005

another vote for superquinn.
    they did cakes for our twins.
    one was power ranger(they had in stock image)
    second they used a small tiny photo of my little pony.
    and made it perfect on the 2nd cake.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

O'Connor's in Cruises Street, I've gotten cakes from loads of places but none have ever matched them, especially for fresh cream, nom nom nom

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

Bean a ti cant go wrong we actually changed from going to Ivans to bean a ti so much better lots of choices aswell and really lovely people to deal with in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

Clareman wrote: »
    O'Connor's in Cruises Street

+1....BEST Black Forest Gateaux this side of the sun.

And I know Sally Mills tea rooms & bakery (Milk Market) does wedding cakes to order and all their food is top notch, so thought i'd mention em!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 aimk

There's a business called Bella's baking, as far as I know they don't have a premises, one of these cottage industries but I've been to 2 parties that got their cakes and they were awesome. My friend was getting a cake for a friend who was leaving to tavel the world, so she gave them a list of things her friend loved, random bits like owls, cycling, favourite places, and they put it all together in a cake, they even had a figure of her sitting on the cake wearing tag rugby shorts. I was at another confirmation, and the child loved chilli Doritos, so they had a little figure of the boy sitting on a bag of Doritos. Worth a look if you want something very unique.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

I'd have to agree with the posts recommending the Bean A Ti.It's one of the best bakeries in munster imo nevermind Limerick.There's a place in the Milk Market as well that's very nice.I think it's that tearooms place that another poster mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Split

Ordered cakes in Zest today although still shedding a tear over Ivan cheese cakes, prices a little on the expensive side for custom ordered cakes but so worth it . Bean An Ti used have the nicest apple tarts .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

I went with Zest - i will see how it goes as the ordering process was not very professional - i had to speak to two members of staff to order it and they didnt know what flavours they had etc.

They ended up having to ring me back - i dont feel very confident about it all and i will phone a few days before i need to collect the cake to make sure its not forgotten about and that i get the correct cake....but heres hoping!

The location was convenient for me hence my choice of Zest.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Ima lurker

I have never got a birthday cake from Zest but their apple crumble is amazing. I got one of the cakes from Bella's Baking, heard about them on Facebook. Their pictures looked great so I messaged them, got the whole thing ordered on Facebook, it was so easy. I got my son a pirate cake, he absolutely loved it and they deliver their cakes free within Limerick so it saved me flying to a bakery when I was already up the walls. The pirate cake cost me €50 but as far as I know the personalised ones start at €65. I'd follow up with a call to Zest in plenty of time to order an emergency one incase, but I'm sure its fine, might have just been a bad day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

I see you got sorted but just want to recommend the wild onion on the Ennis road. Bob is an amazing baker.
    Marty.

Advertisement