Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mother & baby homes in Stamullen Co Meath

Options
  • 08-02-2014 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

hello ... My mum had a baby boy & stayed with him for a few weeks in a mother & baby home in co meath. St Josephs & St Clares are coming up on google search. Were there any other homes in meath?
    My brother was born the day Elvis died (16 aug 1977 i think). Sadly my mum begged her parents to keep him but they refused (she had been raped & got pregnant as a result thus shaming the family)
    My mum as of yet wont try & trace her son as she doesnt want him to know how he was conceived.
    Me & my sisters would like to try & trace him but not sure where to start or even if we can without our mothers consent.
    She was sent to the home when she was 7 months pregnant & she shared some very sad stories of young girls who were pregnant because of sexual abuse & made to care for their babies & then hand them over to be adopted without a choice :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CaelainnHogan

Hi, I'm a Dublin-based writer. I'm doing research on the mother and baby homes and would be interested in talking to you about your experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

Hi, Checkout the tracing guides, you need to visit the GRO research room in Dublin and get the orignal Birth Cert from there look through the adoption books by date of birth. There was another mother and baby home in Dunboyne ran by the Good Shepard nuns.
    Good Luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Hopefully in the intervening 4 years the op has found some info on her brother, or indeed found her brother. Would be interested to hear.

Advertisement