Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comics to tv/movies

Options
  • 08-02-2014 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭

So with the news of 3 Vertigo comics being made into tv series (iZombie, DMZ and Preacher) as well as the success of most comic based tv series and movies lately, I was wondering what would you like to see as a movie or tv series? Preferably the medium it would work best in.
    Also if you want, maybe suggest possible cast, including for the above 3 projects.

I'd have to think of a cast as they're younger characters, but I would like a tv series of The Runaways. It has been rumoured before but with no luck.
    It would work better on the small screen, preferably as 10-13 episode seasons. So the first season or 2 could be about them trying to take on The Pride.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭Ridley

I think Deadpool and Great Lakes Avengers as Marvel One-Shot style short films before the movies could be an interesting experiment.

Guess Netflix Iron Fist and Luke Cage covers Heroes For Hire but it's a concept I've wanted to see explored in a TV series. Same with Avengers Initiative/Academy, (Madro)X-Factor and 100 Bullets.

If Trank's movie sucks, I'd also like a good Fantastic Four anything. wink.png

• Registered Users Posts: 33 booladen

I must say I was very excited about Preacher, Not sure who I would like to play him though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I'm pretty excited for the Daredevil tv show. If he weren't already Justin Hammer, I'd have said Sam Rockwell would be a great Matt Murdock with Oliver Platt playing Foggy. I'd reckon they'll go for a younger cast though.

I'd quite like to see an Iron Fist/Danny Rand who is Asian American though the martial artist schtick might raise an eyebrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Anything by Pat Mills because I feel sorry for him
    Mills has formed Repeat Offenders with artist Clint Langley and Jeremy Davis "to develop graphic novel concepts with big-screen potential"

Actually an ABC Warriors film in the style of The Black Hole or Khronicles of Khaos could be awesome, if very expensive to do well and lacking appeal to a broad demographic.

• Advertisement

Yay interracial Storm sibli--

*a wild Jamie Bell appears*

Huh. Casting would suggest mo-cap thankfully but he'd also play Grimm prior to the transformation..?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So which is harder to accept? Money Train Storm siblings or Billy Elliot Grimm?

Next up: Michael Cera is Luke Cage. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

booladen wrote: »
    I must say I was very excited about Preacher, Not sure who I would like to play him though

More interested in who they cast as Cassidy

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Ring4Fea

Nexus

Grimjack

Cerebus

Miracleman UNCUT UNCENSORED

The real V 4 Vendetta not the frat-tarrrrrrd version.
    Legion of Superheroes but the Dave Cockeum era

• Advertisement
Advertisement