Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gift for my Parents on MY Graduation

Options
  • 08-02-2014 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭

I won't be graduating until September, but I'd like to start saving now to get my parents something nice as a way of expressing my gratitude for putting me through college.
    Has anyone any ideas of what I could get them? I want to get them something that they can keep for a long time. They are not together any more so it will be a separate gift for each of them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

You didn't give any idea of a budget, so I'd suggest bringing each of them to a really nice restaurant, quality time together, try to get someone to take your photo and frame it for them afterwards as an extra thank you along with a nice card with something written from the heart. I can't see any parent not bring thrilled with that.

If your budget doesn't stretch to that you could cook for them and maybe do a photo album, include as many school type photos to emphasise why you're marking the occasion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Budget is anything up to a couple of hundred each, as I'm starting to save now. I will definitely be getting a good photo for them from the graduation but I'd like to give them something on the day. A heartfelt card is a great idea and I will definitely do that - I'd just like to give them something more substantial too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Maybe a watch for your Dad with an inscription on the back and a bracelet for your Mum. Whatever you decide can I just say it is a beautiful and thoughtful thing that you are planning to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Thanks Layinghen, they are really good ideas! I couldn't let the day pass without giving them some sort of gift. They supported me completely through college, financially and emotionally! I just want them to know how much I appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Wotsername

Maybe you could write each of them a separate letter, Thanking them for some of (because you probably wont have enough paper or even memory to fit it all in, so say that too) of the things they have done for you.
    Tell them how much you appreciate what they have done help you get this far and you know how much they must have worried about how what effect their split might have on you, and how it has been a learning process. you know them. Have a laugh with your memories too.
    Tell them individually how much you love them and what they mean to you.
    That will be priceless to them if it's true, and i suspect it is.
    The knowledge that you are happy, safe, strong and capable (If it's true) is probably the best gift that you could give to your parents.
    Good Luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement