Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any log cabins in limerick

Options
  • 08-02-2014 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

My partner and I are looking into building a log home in the limerick region. Have been researching manufacturers in Ireland and the uk. My question is "does anyone in the limerick or surrounding area have recently built or are currently living in a log home". If so, would it be possible to meet up and have a chat about the build and maybe a tour

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

scoobyb4 wrote: »
    My partner and I are looking into building a log home in the limerick region. Have been researching manufacturers in Ireland and the uk. My question is "does anyone in the limerick or surrounding area have recently built or are currently living in a log home". If so, would it be possible to meet up and have a chat about the build and maybe a tour
    I know someone who built a Scandinavian home if that is any use. It was done with a guy from Galway. Lars something, I can't remember his surname. I will dig out the website for you later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 scoobyb4

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    I know someone who built a Scandinavian home if that is any use. It was done with a guy from Galway. Lars something, I can't remember his surname. I will dig out the website for you later.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SleeperService

There is a very impressive log house on the road from curraghchase to adare I think it is. Closer to curraghchase. (caution, very very hazy recollection of where it is)

There is a very nice log cabin outside portumna as you approach from nenagh side.

There are log cabins to rent near ballyhoura.

Maybe there are sone interesting houses in the cloughjordan eco village?

Dunno if that's any help...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

There's a nice example (link) halfway between Sixmilebridge and Broadford right next to Torpey's hurley makers.

Advertisement