Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random adverts appearing on nexus 7

Options
  • 08-02-2014 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭

This has started happening over the last few days, occasionally adverts come up on the home screen when I unlock the device.

See screen shot.

Any ideas why this has started and how to get rid of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

What have you installed recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

What have you installed recently?

Apart from updates, I think the only new app I've put on it in the last week or so is flappy birds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

Hmm, try downloading & running malwarebytes from the play store, see if it picks up anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

This is another good app OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Apart from updates, I think the only new app I've put on it in the last week or so is flappy birds

May have been a dodgy clone. Get rid of it, at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Thanks. Got rid of flappy bird (not such a bad thing) and also a city of another game that I remembered being from an apk download site. Ran the malware app after that and it came up clean. I'll keep an eye on it. Of it comes to it I'll do a factory reset, I don't have anything on it that can't be easily replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Thanks. Got rid of flappy bird (not such a bad thing) and also a city of another game that I remembered being from an apk download site. Ran the malware app after that and it came up clean. I'll keep an eye on it. Of it comes to it I'll do a factory reset, I don't have anything on it that can't be easily replaced.

It's likely not invasive malware, it's much harder to get something like that then from a dodgy windows program. It's probably just something allowed to send you notifications. Once you uninstall it it shouldn't be a problem.

Advertisement