Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hkc wireless in back of van

Options
  • 08-02-2014 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I have a van parked at my house that has been tampered with. I was wondering if i put a wireless door sensor and a wireless pir into the back of the van and set them up as another zone on my HKC securwave panel would this work ?

The van is parked about 10 meters from the panel during the day while i am at work.

Also how would the panel react when i part arm the house alarm leaving out the mobile/van zone and it drove down the road when the sensors go out of range?
    Regards Dave

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

One issue would be the reception with the metal in the van.
    The second would be the device lost if the van is not there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭altor

I have a van parked at my house that has been tampered with. I was wondering if i put a wireless door sensor and a wireless pir into the back of the van and set them up as another zone on my HKC securwave panel would this work ?

The van is parked about 10 meters from the panel during the day while i am at work.

Also how would the panel react when i part arm the house alarm leaving out the mobile/van zone and it drove down the road when the sensors go out of range?
    Regards Dave

You would need to leave them in the van and test the signal. Use one you have installed in your premises as if it does not work you will not have wasted the money buying the devices first.
    You would need to leave the devices in your home when leaving as the system to pick up no comms to the sensors when out of range.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 toasterbass

Thanks for the Replys

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

You can leave them in the van and turn off RF supervision for those sensors .. When the go out of range the panel will ignore the two sensors ... Also exclude them from the partguard setting you use during the day ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies folks, yes that is the plan the alarm has a gsm unit that sends me a text and i have the cctv on the iphone so can look in if i get the text.

Will look for the manual and try it with one of the P I Rs thats already paired before i spend on any new equipment.

P I R installed in van and works perfect just to update incase you guys were wondering how i got on. Door contact next on the list of things to do thanks for all the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭altor

P I R installed in van and works perfect just to update incase you guys were wondering how i got on. Door contact next on the list of things to do thanks for all the replies.

Glad it worked for you, just best to test first as the van is a metal object which could kill the signal. Not in your case :)
    Thanks for letting us know.

Advertisement