Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stress, Anxiety and Panic Attacks!

Options
  • 07-02-2014 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭

The last few months have been incredibly stressful for me, due to both my personal life and the leaving cert. I find it difficult to become motivated when under stress, and as I result have panic and anxiety attacks as a result of my lack of study. As you can probably guess, it's a viscous circle.
    Apparently 1 in 3 people have anxiety attacks during exam times, and with the mocks currently underway it's a horrible time for many.
    My mocks started on Thursday, so I spent the 2 days prior not studying as a result of being physically ill from anxiety. Wednesday evening my mom bought me rescue remedy spray and gummies. I have got instant relief. I take it 4/5 times a day, but it's so worth it. I cannot tell you whether the placebo effect is calming me down or the actual remedy, but I highly recommend it to everyone!
    Good luck :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 viperockz

haha i was looking at your study log..26/01 is that the only day u studied?

ofcourse ur under stress
    4a87a1143520c598d10eabe4741270088d8e6ea8af40533e3bb7fe5b20140cf5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34 SuperRobotWars

xLisaBx wrote: »
    The last few months have been incredibly stressful for me, due to both my personal life and the leaving cert. I find it difficult to become motivated when under stress, and as I result have panic and anxiety attacks as a result of my lack of study. As you can probably guess, it's a viscous circle.
    Apparently 1 in 3 people have anxiety attacks during exam times, and with the mocks currently underway it's a horrible time for many.
    My mocks started on Thursday, so I spent the 2 days prior not studying as a result of being physically ill from anxiety. Wednesday evening my mom bought me rescue remedy spray and gummies. I have got instant relief. I take it 4/5 times a day, but it's so worth it. I cannot tell you whether the placebo effect is calming me down or the actual remedy, but I highly recommend it to everyone!
    Good luck :D

Honestly, I know the feeling during my Christmas exams I pretty much crammed and ended up not getting great results. Also I have a calender on my wall with dates of projects, orals and the mocks and it does my head in. Sometimes I think about it and can't get to sleep. But whatever you do don't panic! Just keep on studying systematically and if you start to stress out just take a breather for 30mins (make a cup of tea or talk to someone). I also have rescue remedy for exams and it sort of helps :P

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

I think the trick is to find something you can do for 20/30 mins to stress bust eg a brisk walk, a cup of tea, a chat, reading a chapter of a book or my personal favourite, blast a bit of music. Stress has a different effect on everybody so different things work for different people. I find the rescue remedy handy, like that I don't know if its the placebo effect or not but :pac:
    Just keep doing your best and best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

viperockz wrote: »

ofcourse ur under stress
    I don't have a study log haha

Thanks guys! Yeah I think the key is to de-stress! Hope the mocks are going well :)

• Advertisement

viperockz wrote: »

ofcourse ur under stress
    I don't have a study log haha

Advertisement