Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ebook or blog...

Options
  • 07-02-2014 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭

So I spent almost every single day of last year (actually I've about 40 days with nothing), writing entries in the day|1 app (seriously, it's fantastic), it's a diary, a fictional one, but a diary none the less.

Some days, there's just a paragraph there, others there's 1200-1500 words.

I found it very easy to do (apart from the 40 odd days which I've nothing for) & as time went on, themes started to generate themselves that I could go back to "later in the year" as it were. I could just flick the app open when on a train or having lunch etc & start typing, other times I dictated, (like if I was driving), other times I used the Mac app to do it at a desk

Now I'm finished & I've started editing it, I've just finished January & was considering making it into a serialised ebook each month, the other option is to blog it. After putting the work in, I'd like to earn a little off it if I could. Previous experience with a blog has shown me that money can be made off it, if I ebook, then I have to publicise it...

Thoughts ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Who is your potential reader? Why would they pay money for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

It's female orientated. As to why they should pay money for it, strong female lead, unusual situations & a meandering story.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

OU812 wrote: »
    It's female orientated. As to why they should pay money for it, strong female lead, unusual situations & a meandering story.

So what book is your book most like?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

After Hours answer: I haven't read them all...

My answer: I'm not sure. It's female orientated & has adult themes, drugs, sex etc. It's not "50 shades" territory although it's quite explicit. It's more like picking up someone's diary & reading it. Quite voyeuristic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

OU812 wrote: »
    My answer: I'm not sure. It's female orientated & has adult themes, drugs, sex etc. It's not "50 shades" territory although it's quite explicit. It's more like picking up someone's diary & reading it. Quite voyeuristic.

Sounds interesting but to keep me reading after the initial voyeurism there would have to be a strong story line. If it has that I wouldn't want to wait a month for the next bit and if it hasn't I would have forgotten about it by then so either way monthly serialisation wouldn't work, at least not for me anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement