Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

longest lasting battery

Options
  • 07-02-2014 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭

Starting up my own business and I'm looking for a cheap second hand phone that will purely be used for receiving calls and maybe making the odd call.

The only thing I'm interested in it having is an incredibly long battery life.

Any recommendations?

I was considering an old Nokia 5210 or the newer 3210... but would the batteries still hold a charge after all these years?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭dmc17

Something like this or this maybe? Both seem to have pretty long battery life

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

Nokia 100 has me interested, seems to be quite small as well which is a bonus.
    Thank you good sir

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

... I was considering an old Nokia 5210 or the newer 3210... but would the batteries still hold a charge after all these years?
    Nokia 6310i, made in Germany, and it shows. I pulled one out of a drawer last year when I was having troubles with the battery of my E63. It fired up and is still going strong. I cannot recommend these simple phones highly enough. It still uses the original battery.

I believe Denis O'Brien still uses his 6310i daily.There are 1 or 2 sites dedicated to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

The samsungs builders phones have excellent battery life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭con___manx1

Can get a cover charger fr extra battery life on iphone. up t 50% more Battery .covers are 25 quid I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

Can get a cover charger fr extra battery life on iphone. up t 50% more Battery .covers are 25 quid I think

Still wouldn't have a patch on a mobile from pre touch screen days though.
    I'm looking for a retro mobile for my mobile business where I won't really be near a charger but hope to be receiving a lot of calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Identify a suitable phone and buy a couple of new spare batteries for it, so you need to check that the appropriate battery is currently on sale somewhere. A new battery will hold its charge better and you can just swap it out when needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I have a Samsung GT-E2370 its not a euro market phone but it has the longest battery life of any phone I have ever used.
    2000mAh battery 1600h standby and 22hrs talk time.
    Just a simple phone that only needs to be charged once every few weeks.

Advertisement