Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any one know if you cant collect your dole on the day your suppose to, does it stay i

Options
  • 07-02-2014 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Need help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Normally stays for 2/3 days at post office.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

Yep, stays there for a week, so if you normally collect on a Wednesday, you have until Tuesday to get it. I've done it myself, so I know it to be fact.

Also, I got a letter out of the blue from my local SW office saying that I had 'failed to collect' my payment one week. Now that was a year ago, and I still cannot for the life of me remember missing a single weeks pay!

Anyway, I wrote back to them saying I had no idea what they were on about and please could I have it, and voila, double dole next week...

Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,144 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Ehh...the week doesnt apply to everyone..i only get three days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Ehh...the week doesnt apply to everyone..i only get three days

Really? Has it changed? Haven't been on the dole for near a year now.

Still, even if you miss it altogether you'll still get it later on down the line, taking into account my experience above.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Moved to State Benefits

• Advertisement
Advertisement