Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor Audio Vector VW-8 Subwoofer Problem

Options
  • 07-02-2014 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭

I bought this subwoofer in May 2012. It has stopped working - there seems to be no power coming into the unit. I changed the fuses but all to no avail. I would appreciate any advice as to what may be the issue. Would it be costly to repair?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Leo,

Declared interest here - I sell Monitor Audio speakers

Sorry to hear you are having issues with a VW8 - but dont panic - all MA subs have at least a 2 year warranty and MA will look after it for you - if you give your retailer a call ( us of course if we sold it to you) or you can send it direct to Monitor audio - they are generally really good at looking after warranty issues.

Any problems drop us a mail to sales@richersounds.ie , but I'm sure your own retailer will be able to look after it for you - just remind them that it's covered by 2 year warranty.

Thanks and as ever drop us a line if we can ever assist,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Leopardi

Leo,

Declared interest here - I sell Monitor Audio speakers

Sorry to hear you are having issues with a VW8 - but dont panic - all MA subs have at least a 2 year warranty and MA will look after it for you - if you give your retailer a call ( us of course if we sold it to you) or you can send it direct to Monitor audio - they are generally really good at looking after warranty issues.

Any problems drop us a mail to sales@richersounds.ie , but I'm sure your own retailer will be able to look after it for you - just remind them that it's covered by 2 year warranty.

Thanks and as ever drop us a line if we can ever assist,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks for the reply, John. I bought the item from your shop. I have spoken to some of your fellow staff about the issue and I've been reassured about the unit's warranty status.

The customer service offered by your shop is absolutely excellent - unparalleled in my experience. I deeply appreciate your contribution to this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

I know this is an older thread, but it asks the question I am looking to be answered. I also have a Vector subwoofer which I bought from Richer Sounds a number of years ago, out of warranty, what would the cost and reason as to why no power goes to the subwoofer? I wouldn't have had it on much at all as herself doesn't like the loud sound so it would only have been on occasionally.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

hadoken13,

Given the circumstances there's no problem with the thread resurrection - I'd advise you to post this as a query on Richersounds Boards forum here http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1105 - you should get a reply there more quickly than here and the RS guys might have a good insight into the problem/likely cost. Bear in mind that today 12th July is a bank holiday in Northern Ireland so it might be a day or so before you get a response.

I'd happily move the post to a enw thread there for you myself but I'd efectively have to re-write your post, better if it came from you in your own words.

Cheers,

Ritz.

Advertisement