Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agent never responds!!

Options
  • 07-02-2014 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

I moved into a house in October and signed a one yr lease. (just 2 of us)

Havent any issues with the place really and not going to complain about every little thing. Our first months rent was one day late cos mix up with Standing Order details but a day early each month since.

One of the toilets hasnt worked since we moved in and when we really hassle the agent she will send someone out but different plumbers each time (3 times) and still not fixed...

After the heavy rain we found a big damp spot on the ceiling in the bedroom. Rang straight away and left a voicemail. Called hours later and agent said she never got it. Explained about the damp spot and she just asked if it was dripping... I said no and she said well, i'll call you back in a minute and we haven't heard anything. Sent her a mail with pics and mentioned the toilet being broken.... no response. We dont know if there is a leak in the roof and we arent sure if we should be anymore concerned with reporting this but should the agent be more interested in getting it checked out?

It's getting to the point where when you get through and introduce yourself she sighs and you really feel as if your hassling her... fair enough its a samp spot that will dry out but more heavy rain could cause damage... should we stay on it or just let the damage happen leaving her responsible?????

somebody is paying the mortgage on this- wish I could tell them directly that their agent has their property on the long finger!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Put all of your issues in writing and mail it to them (using registered post) and keep a copy for yourself.

Also, the next time you get that sort of a reaction when they answer the phone be blunt and ask her out straight if she feels she has better things to be doing with her time.

You should have the landlords details on your lease; maybe give them a call and inform them that you have brought a damp spot and possible water leak to the attention of the agent and they are showing no signs of investigating. The landlord pays the agent enough; Im sure they would be overjoyed to hear how their money is being spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

djimi wrote: »
    Put all of your issues in writing and mail it to them (using registered post) and keep a copy for yourself.

Also, the next time you get that sort of a reaction when they answer the phone be blunt and ask her out straight if she feels she has better things to be doing with her time.

You should have the landlords details on your lease; maybe give them a call and inform them that you have brought a damp spot and possible water leak to the attention of the agent and they are showing no signs of investigating. The landlord pays the agent enough; Im sure they would be overjoyed to hear how their money is being spent.

Yo, thanks... i thought that may be breaking some sort of rule... didnt want to get penalised for that.. but if it were my gaff id appreciate the call. shes unreal this one... shockin!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Generally speaking where the landlord is paying an agent to manage the property they will probably not be too impressed to hear from the tenant too often, but in this case I think its quite justified. You have a concern about an issue that could prove to be quite serious and the agent is not taking you seriously; the landlord would want to know that their property is in possible danger, and also that they are wasting money paying an agent who is not acting in their best interests.

Advertisement