Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Housemate needs my salary info for social welfare

Options
  • 07-02-2014 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

Hi All
    I have a housemate who's been made redundant and needs to sign on the dole until she finds work
    She was given tons of forms, on one of them she has to supply details about me and my income..... she was very embarressed about asking me but she's afraid that if she doesnt supply the info her claim will be denied.
    Anyone know anything about this.
    I understand that they need to means test but it's a rented house and I only got a housemate to help with the rent, now they want to know how much money I make, even though it doesn't affect her in any way

HB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Are you sure those forms are for Social Welfare and not for the Rent Allowance Scheme administered by a Community Welfare Officer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

No not for Rent Allowance
    Just making a claim

HB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Uaru

Just get her to put your name down and leave the rest blank. No one queried me either time I did it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

SW want to know if your flatmate is living with a partner/significant other/whatever.
    if you dont fall into this category then simply give your name and leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Cheers for the advice guys :)

HB

• Advertisement
Advertisement