Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what rap gig did you miss that you really regret?

Options
  • 07-02-2014 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭

for me its this styles p gig he did a few years ago in Dorans, a last minute gig that looked like it was a great gig, was and am a big fan of his but had to play a big football match that day:( eventhough i was captain I think if i got the chance again id go see the ghost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4Qos3hlj-o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Eminem on two occasions and Lamar.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've missed loads:

Company Flow
    Public Enemy
    The Pharcyde
    Danny Brown
    Homeboy Sandman
    Wu-Tang

One of the biggest and most regretable is when DJ Shadow played Electric Picnic. That year I had me a special pass that I could go to the artist area, go backstage and go onto the side of one of the stages, the one Shadow was playing on. I was all geared up for it, then I was lumbered with a ridiculously drunk friend who I had to take back to his campsite.
    I thought that would be grand, take him back to his tent, throw him in with the rest of the lads and make my way back to the stage. I had plenty of time.
    What I didnt account for was my friend who would be of the large variety not being able to walk in a straight line, so I had to prop him up and not be able to pass a stranger without stopping for a handshake.
    i also didn't forsee that he would need to stop for a monster dump in the jacks along the way, or that I would have to bother the other civilians for a lend of toilet paper during and after the toilet visit.
    I also didnt forsee that he would block up the toilet and want to show everyone. Or that he would want to return the used toilet paper to the owner. Or that he would want to show everyone the inside of his bum-hole.

By the time I got back to the stage, the band after the band after Shadow were on....Bloc Party maybe.

Only at a festival.

Althouth the above sounds horrible, it was highly entertaining for us and everyone else, it wasn't in a nasty or horrible way at all....maybe apart from when he was bent over spreading his cheeks...that maybe was too far.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

add Kendrick to my list as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Kendrick Lamar and the pharcyde

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Nas and Damien Marley a few years ago. Still kicking myself that I never went to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

HighClass wrote: »
    Nas and Damien Marley a few years ago. Still kicking myself that I never went to it.

tried to get tickets for that gig the day of the gig and it was sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Rakim a few years ago. I can't remember the reason I had for not going, but it was terrible. I'm annoyed about that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭AG918

One more vote for Nas and Damian Marley.

Rakim a few years ago. I can't remember the reason I had for not going, but it was terrible. I'm annoyed about that.

I think you were travelling to Wales that night or something like that. Boom_Bap's strange memory for minor details comes back again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Kendrick Lamar last year. Was out of the country at the time, so it wasn't an unfortunate clash of circumstances or something where I could have been there and for some unforeseen reason couldn't go, but I still wish I had seen him. He's such a big star now, that it feels like that was a once-off, just before he hit the big-time type of gig that will never happen again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement