Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert outside of school..?

Options
  • 07-02-2014 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm 17 and I'm in fifth year but since September I'm struggling quite a lot and have missed a lot of school as well as I have epilepsy. I was looking for any help on how I could do my leaving cert outside of school, I can't go on in and out of school struggling to find out what's going on in school. I would be happy for any suggestions/help. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Ask your special needs department to investigate homeschooling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Leahh17

At the moment they're looking into it, to see whether I'd meet the standards or not and it'd only be for a few hours a week so that'd mean I would still have to go to school..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Leahh17 wrote: »
    At the moment they're looking into it, to see whether I'd meet the standards or not and it'd only be for a few hours a week so that'd mean I would still have to go to school..

I think that's the standard. The DES won't fund a full teaching week for one student.

Advertisement