Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 3 Beeps and Switches off

Options
  • 07-02-2014 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

I had posted this in the PS3 section might be better here

Hi can anyone offer some advice on this , basically I just got a PS3 and am about to order a replacement power supply ,

No standby lights, three beeps if you press eject, and every second time you press the on button it goes green beeps three times and then powers down.

It is doing this , Anyone ever have this issue ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I'd nail that for a power supply issue first, then possibly the motherboard. The lack of standby light is what would make me think the PSU hasn't enough muster left to do the job. It's only ~$30 for a new one, give it a shot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭budman9

Can you go to Recovery Menu?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dean.xXx

Try the fan test:

1. Switch off ps3 at the back
    2. Hold eject button
    3. Switch on the ps3 at back while holding eject button, playstation fan will kick up the speed and eject the game.

If will turn on and fan will start to spin very fast for 15 seconds and then switch off, means is not PSU problem.

Advertisement