Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Coming In With Markings?

Options
  • 07-02-2014 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

Maybe one for LeoB

I notices a few of my letters coming in with words written in pen on them. Today had the work "IN" written on it.
    Anyone now why.
    I didn't keep the other and cant remember what it had written on it, but just want to make sure everything is OK.
    Thanks,cathy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭cbreeze

cathy01 wrote: »
    Maybe one for LeoB

I notices a few of my letters coming in with words written in pen on them. Today had the work "IN" written on it.
    Anyone now why.
    I didn't keep the other and cant remember what it had written on it, but just want to make sure everything is OK.
    Thanks,cathy

Might be something in the sorting office, or you could check with your post worker or the sender of the item

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

cbreeze wrote: »
    Might be something in the sorting office, or you could check with your post worker or the sender of the item

Yeah it wasn't the sender so must be the sorting office.ill keep an eye

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

cathy01 wrote: »
    Maybe one for LeoB

Anyone now why.
    Thanks,cathy

No reason for that Cathy. Cant think why. Does your house have a number? Could part of the address been missing like it could have your correct road but be missing Balbriggan or Dublin this happens every day. But that would be DN for Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

LeoB wrote: »
    No reason for that Cathy. Cant think why. Does your house have a number? Could part of the address been missing like it could have your correct road but be missing Balbriggan or Dublin this happens every day. But that would be DN for Dublin

No address was typed it was a window envelope .ill keep an eye on it .
    Thanks for the reply .

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

That happens us a lot. No idea why. A lot of people with same surname locally so maybe its a marker to help get right address?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

New postman? Maybe he needs reminding that the post needs to go IN the house and not to leave it outside?

Advertisement