Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea fishing in dublin

Options
  • 07-02-2014 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hi all

Looking for some advice on boat fishing in dublin

Just after fixing up a boat 15 footer, new to boating and am thinking of launching her from the public slip in ringsend.

Is this the best spot to launch for fishing in and around the bay?

From what I can find out its pollock and flatties that are on offer!

Bait: was thinking rag worm any advice on tackle?

Once I head out from ringsend where should I head?

Is there any other spots worth trying don't mind heading an hour in either direction up/down the coast if that equals much better fishing: if so could you mention the public launch point (and ease of launch)

Thanks

Really Looking forward to getting the rod wet

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

briaineo wrote: »
    Hi all

Looking for some advice on boat fishing in dublin

Just after fixing up a boat 15 footer, new to boating and am thinking of launching her from the public slip in ringsend.

Is this the best spot to launch for fishing in and around the bay?

From what I can find out its pollock and flatties that are on offer!

Bait: was thinking rag worm any advice on tackle?

Once I head out from ringsend where should I head?

Is there any other spots worth trying don't mind heading an hour in either direction up/down the coast if that equals much better fishing: if so could you mention the public launch point (and ease of launch)

Thanks

Really Looking forward to getting the rod wet

Dont know anything much about that area but you'd need to check the tides as you have a confluence of the Tolka and the Liffey in the area.

Have you considered howth or Skerries?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

As you are new to boating Ringsend would not be the best place to launch as you will be entering a main shipping lane with strong tidal currents.
    As chopper6 says Howth or Skerries would be a lot safer till you get to know the ropes, Skerries is very good for a beginner you have a lifeboat station right at the slipway so you can let the guy's/girls know where you are going and when you will be back if you want they will also give your boat a safety check.
    There are 3 small islands just off Skerries good for fishing I like the north side of
    st patrick's you also have Lambay and the lighthouse if you want to hit some deeper water. There are always other boats around so PAN/PAN works well if you ever get in trouble.
    Be safe and good luck with the fish :)

Advertisement