Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lego freebies next week in the Independent

Options
  • 07-02-2014 1:45am
    Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭

I spotted the ad on TV this evening, there will be some freebies to coincide with the launch of the Lego Movie next weekend. I don't have the exact details to hand, will post up when I get them, this is more of a heads-up. :)

Found the details: http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/exclusive-content/the-lego-movie-activity-dvd-free-inside-tomorrows-irish-independent-29986667.html

Tomorrow 7th - Free DVD
    Free inside tomorrow’s Irish Independent, get an exclusive Activity DVD that’s packed with fun and games and a preview of the new Film and Video Game.

On Monday 10 February pick up a copy of the Irish Independent and get your free Activity & Puzzle Booklet with glossy pull out Wall Poster.

On Tuesday 11 February you can claim even more Limited Edition The LEGO Movie free gifts; a Drawstring Kitbag and Baseball Cap – whilst stocks last (P&P payable).

Plus enter our competition to be in with a chance to win a dream trip for four to LEGOLAND Florida.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

You don't happen to know whats available for the rest of the week? I've taken a look on the website and can't see anything.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

Nothing after Tuesday I'm afraid, which seems to be the best of the lot, i.e. the kitbag and cap

You can order online for the gift bag and cap today:

www.mediapromos.co.uk/legomovie

£3.99 for the bag or cap and £1.99 for the poster

You can also get the DVD & Poster if you missed them

[edit]Sneaky - it's listed as €3.99 in the paper, but they charge £3.99 STG when you get to the site....[/edit]

Did anyone who order the kitbag or cap ever receive them?

I got lots of emails about delays, and a promise that all the Irish orders were handed to An Post, but nothing ever came.

The company behind the marketing, Creative Path Marketing, seems to have gone off the air too, bit disappointing really :mad:

Will try and get in touch with Lego to see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

Spocker wrote: »

I got lots of emails about delays, and a promise that all the Irish orders were handed to An Post, but nothing ever came.

The company behind the marketing, Creative Path Marketing, seems to have gone off the air too, bit disappointing really :mad:

I am still waiting for them too. Ordered them on Feb 11th, got a few emails about huge demand etc etc. Last email on 19th March said all the Ireland deliveries were delivered to the An Post hub and that it would be 5 to 10 days after that! It is ridiculous to say the least.

• Advertisement

Sent this to Lego, will post here if they reply
    Spocker wrote:
    Hello

As part of The Lego Groups recent promotion activity for the Lego Movie in Ireland, there were some free giveaways in one of the newspapers, The Irish Independent:

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/exclusive-content/the-lego-movie-activity-dvd-free-inside-tomorrows-irish-independent-29986667.html

Part of this promotion was the opportunity to receive Lego merchandise (baseball cap, kitbag), which could be ordered via a UK based company Creative Path Marketing, based at the following addresses:
    UK: 3 The Drive, Jubilee House, Great Warley, Brentwood, Essex, CM13 3FR
    Ireland: Block B. The Crescent Building, Northwood Santry, Dublin 9

I placed my order for both items on the 11th February, and received several emails regarding delays in shipping which I can understand, due to demand.

However, none of the items have arrived, the company in question is not contactable, or responding to emails.

Thus I am contacting you, in the hope you may be able to assist with either contacting the company, or ensuring the items are delivered (I have a disappointed little boy, waiting for his cap and bag)

Many thanks in advance for your help

Spocker

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

I only remember of the offer after reading the thread, as of today haven't gotten anything, I order Lego Poster and Cap on the 11th as most people but I didn't even get an email about any delays.

I sent an email to INFO (at) CREATIVEPATHMEDIA.COM on the 28th but no reply so far.

Does anyone have any other email address or phone number to contact them?

Lego responded with a (disappointing) 'tough luck':
    Lego wrote:
    Dear Spocker,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I'm really sorry to hear about all these delays for your cap and bag order. That is definitely a long wait for a child. The problem is that we don't develop these products ourselves, they're made by third parties, that have permission to use our LEGO® logo and designs. Creative Path Marketing isn't part of the LEGO Group, so there isn't much that we can do for you directly (such as pressing them to speed things up for you).

I would like to advise you to give them a call, as that's more direct than email, to see if you can get your items.

I found details for Creative Path Media in Googles cache, will try it on Monday

Creative Path Media
    3 The Drive, Jubilee House
    Great Warley
    Brentwood
    Essex
    CM13 3FR
    01277 725283

Lego responded with a (disappointing) 'tough luck':

I found details for Creative Path Media in Googles cache, will try it on Monday

Creative Path Media
    3 The Drive, Jubilee House
    Great Warley
    Brentwood
    Essex
    CM13 3FR
    01277 725283

Tried to call that number just now but get the number is not in Service.

Just found another number 01277 725026 on http://www.creativepathmarketing.com/ will try later
    email: info@creativepathmarketing.com

Thanks for trying nava, looks like they might be gone alright.

I have one more thing to try; the website from which we ordered was http://www.mediapromos.co.uk/LEGOMOVIE/

might try and get in touch with them to see can they shed any light

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/registry-data.jsp?domain=mediapromos.co.uk

• Advertisement

Thanks for trying nava, looks like they might be gone alright.

I have one more thing to try; the website from which we ordered was http://www.mediapromos.co.uk/LEGOMOVIE/

might try and get in touch with them to see can they shed any light

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/registry-data.jsp?domain=mediapromos.co.uk

Just gave them a call now, they said they think a consignment for Ireland is gone missing, they will send an email out today for people to reply to let them know if they received their orders or not.

nava wrote: »
    Just gave them a call now, they said they think a consignment for Ireland is gone missing, they will send an email out today for people to reply to let them know if they received their orders or not.

So, the saga continues. It is annoying when you pay a company money and don't get what you order. The good has gone out of it for me now and the kid its for. All the hype over the LEGO movie has gone ages ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Don't want to be a downer here, but we got shafted by Creative Path when the first Muppets Movie came out. They sent us a couple of letters saying that the promotional item (a USB drive) ran out, and would we be happy to wait for it to be restocked. We agreed to wait, but eventually all communication from them stopped and we never received anything. Boo!

Don't want to be a downer here, but we got shafted by Creative Path when the first Muppets Movie came out. They sent us a couple of letters saying that the promotional item (a USB drive) ran out, and would we be happy to wait for it to be restocked. We agreed to wait, but eventually all communication from them stopped and we never received anything. Boo!

although bad news, its useful to know.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Were people refunded? I know it's only a few euro postage but it's the principle.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭jrby

mine actually arrived in the post today!

I got mine in the post today. The items were in an outer covering which was an an Post redirected mail plastic wrapper with my basic address handwritten on it. There was an internal package with my full correct typed address on it from Creative Path Marketing. I don't know why this came as redirected mail. Glad to get the things after all.

However I ordered a cap, bag and a poster. I got a cap and 2 bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Nothing in today's post :(
    Annoyed as I checked my banking online last night and they took the money for it alright! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭maryen

I got the caps yesterday after nearly two Months,My kids were very happy and
    dad as well.

Got the cap and bag on Friday, looks like Navas phone call did the trick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Got the cap and kitbag in the post on Friday. Impressed with the quality of the cap and the son wore it all day yesterday!

Advertisement