Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kingswood, Dublin 24

Options
  • 06-02-2014 9:29pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3

Can anybody provide any insights into what it is like to live in Kingswood, Tallaght, Dublin 24? I know Tallaght can be dodgy in places, but I have heard vague references that KIngswood is okay

Anybody live in the area - really would appreciate honest insights

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

Its fine- Only time I have seen any real issues were late at night after the pub lets out and drunk people are gathered around the chipper.
    I grew up in Kilnamanagh next to Kingswood and then lived in kingswood for a few years later on - Haven't been there for a few years now but I have lots of friends there and its as safe as anywhere in Dublin pretty much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

I lived there for 10 years and as Yavvy said its fine, reasonably quiet, its got a school, church, a couple of shops, pharmacy, Chinese takeaway, chipper and a pub.
    Its also got a decent amount of green space and if I remember there are tennis courts and a playground.
    Luas is no more than a 10 minute walk from any part of it.
    N7 and M50 within a five minute drive.
    Traffic in the mornings and evenings can be very heavy going if you are using a car.
    But overall its a nice well kept area and any of the people I knew from there were very pleasant.
    One of the things I really like about Kingswood is that its not an estate full of the same type of house. There must be 8 or 9 different types ranging from 2 bed bungalows to 4/5 bed detached.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 anuptowngirl

Thanks very much to both of you for the helpful responses

Advertisement