Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

State Pension Contributory ~ When to Apply

Options
  • 06-02-2014 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Anybody facing this prospect within the next 12 months or more, to note that the DSP is currently advising people to apply 6 months in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Anybody facing this prospect within the next 12 months or more, to note that the DSP is currently advising people to apply 6 months in advance.

Than danjo. Did you spot that on DSP website? I can't see it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Has always been recommended that you apply 6 months in advance. Nothing on welfare website just a working knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    Than danjo. Did you spot that on DSP website? I can't see it myself.

No its just my retirement falls shortly after the xmas period and I just thought I'd check it out with info services, welfare@welfare.ie

eastbono wrote: »
    Has always been recommended that you apply 6 months in advance. Nothing on welfare website just a working knowledge.

The norm is 3 months but if you worked abroad, its 6 months. The reply I got didn't specify this though.
    You should apply 3 months before the age of 66. However, if you have paid social insurance contributions in more than one country, you should apply 6 months before reaching 66.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Well at local offices its always recommended that you apply 6 months in advance if asked.

• Advertisement

eastbono wrote: »
    Well at local offices its always recommended that you apply 6 months in advance if asked.

Well that's what I'll be doing, better safe than sorry:)

Advertisement