Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

using a dual sim phone

Options
  • 06-02-2014 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

I have an Acer Liquid Z3. I have my company sim and my personal sim installed. Today was the first day I took it on a road test. I'm a very heavy phone user and I noticed while I was on a call on my own personal sim that any calls coming in on my work number were diverted to the voicemail. It was though the sim was on standby. I tried it the other way around too, by using my work sim and getting a friend to call my personal number and he got through to my own voice mail. Are there no dual sim phones that can have both sims active at the same time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

There are but they seem more expensive. I am looking at the Lenovo K910 and this has both sims active at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

Barr wrote: »
    There are but they seem more expensive. I am looking at the Lenovo K910 and this has both sims active at the same time.

I think the dual sim version of the HTC one can do it too. But with a price tag of nearly 500 pounds that's too much phone for me. It's unlikely any carrier is going to offer one of these on a plan (not that i'd be bothered anyway). I'm sure there's a Chinese clone out there that can do it with kitkat for less than €200

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

There's Moto G but dual sim version only available in Australia, Brazil and India. I have the single sim version. Brilliant phone for the price. Would have loved to get the dual sim verioo, not sure why its not launched in EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Not necessarily all the dual sim phons are expensive. I have used a cheap Chinese android phone before, got it for only around 150 euro. Both the sim were active on that phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Not necessarily all the dual sim phons are expensive. I have used a cheap Chinese android phone before, got it for only around 150 euro. Both the sim were active on that phone.

Where did you get the phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Have a look at the dual SIM Wiko range from €150 - amazon.fr

I have the Stairway and I know someone with the Darkmoon. All positive feedback. Also read the reviews on amazon.fr in Chrome, so that it translates it into English. Delivery (if supplied and shipped by Amazon) is only €10 - with tracking online.

Had mine 5 months and can't fault it. I know that both SIMs are active at the same time, although I do not use 2 SIMs in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Enrique2SIM

I think the dual sim version of the HTC one can do it too. But with a price tag of nearly 500 pounds that's too much phone for me. It's unlikely any carrier is going to offer one of these on a plan (not that i'd be bothered anyway). I'm sure there's a Chinese clone out there that can do it with kitkat for less than €200

Hello,

Well-known mobile manufacturers will never be able to compete with non-branded Chinese smartphones in price, however you might consider that the lenovo k910 vibe z was released to compete within the high-end segment of the market, so its performance will be much better than an average Chinese phone (though Lenovo is also from China).

Anyhow the price of the K910 has dropped a bit and its advisable to try to buy the device in online stores that supply the product directly from China, not in the most popular online retailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭horse7

does it matter where you put the sim cards into,ie my phone has full size sim, (o2)and i use it for calls in slot one,but i may get a second sim(tesco data sim) just to use for emails etc and its a micro sim size. So does it matter if the data sim is in the second sim slot(micro size)?

Advertisement