Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Podcasts

Options
  • 06-02-2014 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Wondering do many on here listen to any fantasy football podcasts? Subscribe to fantasy football scout and fantasy prem league transfers myself. I find fantasy premier league transfers one fairly good and informative. Its done by irish lads. Any opinons? And no I don't work for either!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Have listened to the FPL transfers one I believe one of the guys there came 2nd one year or something. I listen to the FFS one every week I like to listen on my way into work on a Friday its part my routine! The Guardian do a decent football podcast that I normally have a listen to if I am getting the train or a flight of something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Feck sake, what sort of obsessive weirdos do you think we are at all???:o:(:pac:

I listened to a couple of those last year but to be honest they were a waste of time, there was certainly nothing that 5 or 10 minutes a day on here wouldn't tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Feck sake, what sort of obsessive weirdos do you think we are at all???:o:(:pac:

I listened to a couple of those last year but to be honest they were a waste of time, there was certainly nothing that 5 or 10 minutes a day on here wouldn't tell you.

Agreed, I've yet to find a good soccer one.

Baseball on the other hand has a number of good daily podcasts. MLB 411, ESPN Fantasy Focus, TINSTAAP and Effectively Wild (latter 2 from Baseball Prospectus) all have their good and bad points and I subscribe to them all, but it's more important to keep up to date on injuries and prospect call ups than in soccer.

For the FPL you don't need to invest nearly as much time. Just worry about injuries from the last game and lineups for the next ones which are a week away. No need to rush as much on transfers either.

I think the advice is to steer clear of podcasts and stick to the forums and twitter for FPL, easier to get updates that way I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Scout cast used to be alright . Haven't listened to it in awhile though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Scout cast used to be alright . Haven't listened to it in awhile though.

It's very poor this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,518 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I still enjoy the scoutcast each week. Its fun listening to Mark's tales of woe this year. Hadnt heard bout the Premier League Transfers one though, must check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Ditto on the FFS scout cast. Been listening since the first podcast few years ago now, aptly named Bendtners pink boots:o

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭loadwire

This one is pretty entertaining.

https://soundcloud.com/fmlfpl

Done by two yanks who this season are gradually losing the will to live.

Advertisement