Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CE Scheme query

Options
  • 06-02-2014 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Quick query, my mam has been on the CE Scheme for our local community centre since 16th March 2009, 5 years next month. She was recently told she would not be renewed and she will have to leave in March this year.

Is there anything that can be done here? I have asked her to visit the local DSP office and speak to someone in there.

From what I am reading, there is a maximum of 6 years in the CE scheme for people aged 55 or over. She is 60, so is she entitled to another year?

And if so, is she able to apply for a year extension after this or is 6 the max?

Appreciate any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

paulb06 wrote: »
    Hi guys

Quick query, my mam has been on the CE Scheme for our local community centre since 16th March 2009, 5 years next month. She was recently told she would not be renewed and she will have to leave in March this year.

Was she on a ce scheme before, since 01/04/2004

Is there anything that can be done here? I have asked her to visit the local DSP office and speak to someone in there.

From what I am reading, there is a maximum of 6 years in the CE scheme for people aged 55 or over. She is 60, so is she entitled to another year?

That is correct but anyone in receipt of Invalidity Pension can get a max of 7yrs.

And if so, is she able to apply for a year extension after this or is 6 the max?

The only thing she could ask for is to be left on the scheme until her replacement is due to start, she should ask her ce supervisor about this.

Appreciate any advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭paulb06

No this is the 1st scheme she's been on. She was just told by her supervisor that she didn't get the extension, surely there is some sort of written confirmation on this from the employment office is there?

She hasn't been shown any letter or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

No this is the 1st scheme she's been on. She was just told by her supervisor that she didn't get the extension, surely there is some sort of written confirmation on this from the employment office is there?

She hasn't been shown any letter or anything.

Im afraid there is nothing she can do, it is very hard for an organization to get an extension, they would have to put forward an incredibly strong case eg that it will be impossible to find a replacement, that the CE worker is key to the survival of the project etc.

MouseTail wrote: »
    Im afraid there is nothing she can do, it is very hard for an organization to get an extension, they would have to put forward an incredibly strong case eg that it will be impossible to find a replacement, that the CE worker is key to the survival of the project etc.

Ok but what's the process for applying for an extension? Does the organisation get a letter back advising the application was unsuccessful? Or is it decided in a phone conversation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Ok but what's the process for applying for an extension? Does the organisation get a letter back advising the application was unsuccessful? Or is it decided in a phone conversation?

Either initially. Has your mother reason to believe the organisation did not apply for an extension (they don't have to, but they shouldn't have misled her if they haven't)?

• Advertisement

MouseTail wrote: »
    Either initially. Has your mother reason to believe the organisation did not apply for an extension (they don't have to, but they shouldn't have misled her if they haven't)?

Apparently the forms are still on the supervisors desk even though my mother was told the application was posted away start of the year. So it is possible she's being lied to.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Please advise your mother to request confirmation in writing.

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement