Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House insurance claim after water leak

Options
  • 06-02-2014 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Need some help, have house insurance with EBS. After heavy rain last week I have two rooms under flat roof part of my house with water marks and paint bubbling on the walls. One room has the ceiling bubbling. Water was actually running down the walls during last nights weather.

Can anyone advise if they have ever made an insurance claim like this before??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

You will have to get on to your insurance and they will send out an assessor and then you will have to get quotes for the work quiet simple really

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭john kinsella

Be very careful when you call them.

Insurance companies don't like flat roofs as they are very prone to leaking / pooling water etc.

The only insured peril you could claim under is that of storm and you would need to show them damage to the roof which was a result of a storm i.e. felt lifting or flashing pulling away from the wall etc.

Heavy rain in itself is not covered by insurance. Just be sure there is some storm damage to see.

If its wear & tear there is no cover in place.

Maybe speak to a Loss Assessor who would act on your behalf.

Advertisement