Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend electrician in Swords

Options
  • 06-02-2014 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend an electrician in Swords area. Or someone capable of taking a light fitting off and putting a new one on!

Damn bathroom light has one of those glass globes. Rubber washer got caught in the threads and try as I may there is no sign of it coming out. So I'm guessing I need someone to come out and take it off the ceiling, cut the power and cut it and refit a new one!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Before you call someone out have you tried wearing dry rubber gloves in order to get purchase on the two parts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

nope. I've no problem gripping it. It just won't budge!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Just thought I'd mention it in case. Those globes are hard to open at the best of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

You could break the globe and pick the stuck threads out that way.

Turn off your power - either the circuit breaker for the lights or the main fuse/breaker, wrap the globe in a thick plastic sack and hammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tony 5

peteb2 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend an electrician in Swords area. Or someone capable of taking a light fitting off and putting a new one on!

Damn bathroom light has one of those glass globes. Rubber washer got caught in the threads and try as I may there is no sign of it coming out. So I'm guessing I need someone to come out and take it off the ceiling, cut the power and cut it and refit a new one!

Joe Cleary 0860499935 nice man and doesn't charge a lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

thanks. Eventually got it sorted with a really nice chap running bitsbobsoddjobs.ie. Came out on a Sunday and sorted it at a good price. Didnt really require the full service of a dedicated electrician.

Advertisement