Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod Touch 4g and iTunes not connecting to Software Server

Options
  • 06-02-2014 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭

Hey,

my iPod Touch 4g was going slow yesterday so I decided to turn it on and off. When it came back on, it was asking to be synced with itunes. Which I thought was weird.

So when I connected it to itunes, it was in recovery mode and itunes wanted to restore it. Problem is when itunes gets to the verifying software part it says it cant connect to update software server and to check internet connections? There is no problem with the internet connection

I have tried everything on the Apple Support site such as clearing host file, reinstalling itunes, disabling firewall/antivirus and changing cable.

I will try it with another laptop tonight but I was wondering if anyone has ever had this problem or if anyone has a suggestion?

Many thanks,

Branners

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Mac of PC ? Did you do a hard reset ? More info needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

Just to update!

It was a problem with my windows 8 laptop. Once I blew the dust my old XP laptop it was able to update no problem. So basically use a different machine if you get this error!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Ahhhh windows ... don't ya just luv it :rolleyes:

Advertisement