Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Used ipad - how to change the itunes sync account

• 06-02-2014 10:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭

I have recently bought a used ipad (2nd gen) and in the setting area the previous owner's itunes computer is set as the sync option and it doesn't allow it to be changed. Can anyone tell me how I change this ? Also, I have an itunes store icon and an app store icon - do I need to reinstall itunes too? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,710 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

caycro wrote: »
    I have recently bought a used ipad (2nd gen) and in the setting area the previous owner's itunes computer is set as the sync option and it doesn't allow it to be changed. Can anyone tell me how I change this ? Also, I have an itunes store icon and an app store icon - do I need to reinstall itunes too? Thanks

Handiest thing is probably to restore the iPad to its factory default which leaves it the same as i came out of the box. You can then set it up to use your iTunes and settings. The below links may help.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5661

http://ipad.about.com/od/iPad_Guide/ss/How-To-Restore-An-iPad-To-Factory-Default.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

I contacted the previous owner and he said he did that before selling it to me ... but it appears that this didn't reset the sync account (bizarre I know). Is there a way of doing it without a full restore ? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

What setting are you talking about, can you screenshot it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

Sorry, I can't screen shot it, hope this explains the situation - appreciate the assistance.

It is found under : Settings > General > iTunes Wi-Fi Sync

When I go into the sync it says

To enable Wi-Fi syncing with iTunes, connect to iTunes on your computer using a cable and click 'Sync with this iPad over Wi-Fi', below I have a greyed out 'Sync Now' button. Below it it says "Sync will resume when 'xx's MacBook Pro" is available and underneath in black is xx's MacBook Pro

Ah I see. That just for wifi sync. Connect it to your computer and click on the iPad in iTunes. Scroll down a bit and you will see the box to click to enable wifi syncing. Click apply and it's done. None of this will stop you syncing with the cable though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I contacted the previous owner and he said he did that before selling it to me ... but it appears that this didn't reset the sync account (bizarre I know). Is there a way of doing it without a full restore ? Thanks

By the sounds of it the previous owner restored it, but using a backup. Just do a full restore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Don't restore.

Set it up as a new iPhone.

Piliger wrote: »
    Don't restore.

Set it up as a new iPhone.
    To get that option you have to click restore if you are using iTunes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Handiest thing is probably to restore the iPad to its factory default which leaves it the same as i came out of the box. You can then set it up to use your iTunes and settings. The below links may help.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5661

http://ipad.about.com/od/iPad_Guide/ss/How-To-Restore-An-iPad-To-Factory-Default.htm

With ios7 when you do this you cannot activate the iPad/iPhone/etc unless the original owner has removed the device from their iCloud account

Advertisement