Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Valuations

Options
  • 05-02-2014 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

As the name suggests know absolutely nothing about selling property but just wondering do you have to pay to have your house valued and is any estate agent better/more aggressive than others?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

I had 2 valuers in today. Its free. I just rang up and asked the agents for a valuation and they sent people out within 2 days. They spent about 10 min looking at the place and going over their opinions / fees etc.

I said Id get back to them in a few weeks. Certain agents have reputations for being lazy to pass on offers etc so Id def research your favourite agent. Different ones have different tactics for selling depending on where/ what your selling and your timeline etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 total greenhorn

deadly, thanks for your response will have to see who I want to go with, thanks again!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

they should go by what other properties old for in the area

https://www.propertypriceregister.ie/website/npsra/pprweb.nsf/page/ppr-home-en

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

You should also look up ones that are active in your area, and have sold properties like yours recently. The property price register takes months to update so that alone wont really help you. One of the agents I had in had no apartments for sale at the moment and was mainly dealing with houses in the area. The other had gone sale agreed on 3 apartments in the last 3 months, and supposedly had a list of 10 people actively searching for apartments in my area. So the second one knew my market much better, ill probably go with them if I do go ahead an sell, even if the list isnt real, the fact they are moving my type of property makes them more appealing.

Make sure and ask about similar properties on their books and movement in the area / how long they would anticipate your place being on the market. Also if your desired price is achievable.

Advertisement