Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smackdown Results/Spoilers 07/02/13

Options
  • 05-02-2014 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,152 ✭✭✭✭

Source

Daniel Bryan kicks off SmackDown to a huge pop and “yes!” chants. He talks about what Triple H said on RAW about Bryan being the face of the company. Bryan says he doesn’t want to be the face. He calls out Kane for attacking him on RAW. Kane apologizes and says it was unprofessional. Bryan tells Kane to take off the cheap suit, put the mask on and get rid of Corporate Kane. Kane says he’s glad the Team Hell No days are over and the fans chant “you sold out” at him. Bryan tells Kane to come to the ring and settle it. Kane refuses and books Bryan vs. Antonio Cesaro for tonight.
    Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose beat Kofi Kingston and Dolph Ziggler. Seth Rollins was on commentary. Ambrose and Reigns argued the whole match. Reigns hit a Superman punch and a spear on Ziggler and let Ambrose tag himself in to get the pin. Fans chanted for Rollins, the hometown hero.
    The Wyatt Family appear on the big screen after the match and cut a promo.
    Sheamus beat Ryback in what was called a surprisingly good match.
    Renee Young is backstage with Alberto Del Rio with footage of him attacking Batista on RAW. Del Rio says Batista is the animal but he’s the tamer.
    Zeb Colter is out with Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro. He says Swagger won the Elimination Chamber last year and Cesaro will win it this year. Daniel Bryan is out next to a big pop. There were CM Punk chants during this match. Bryan gets the win in an amazing match. After the match, Kane comes out and Cesaro attacks with, hitting a Neutralizer. Kane hits the ring and chokeslams Bryan.
    They air an Ernie Ladd video package for Black History Month.
    A promo with Lana and Alexander Rusev airs.
    AJ Lee with Tamina Snuka beat Nikki Bella with Brie Bella. Nikki accidentally threw AJ into Brie, knocking her off the apron. AJ used Black Widow to get the win.
    Titus O’Neil is backstage with Renee Young. He talks about how he will soon have WWE gold. Darren Young attacks him until security breaks it up.
    Bray Wyatt vs. Goldust is up next. Cody Rhodes, Erick Rowan and Luke Harper were all at ringside. Wyatt ended up getting the win. The Shield appeared on the big screen after the match and said they will claim victory at Elimination Chamber.
    Randy Orton beat Christian in the main event. Christian came off the ropes and Orton caught him with a RKO for the win.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Source

Daniel Bryan kicks off SmackDown to a huge pop and “yes!” chants. He talks about what Triple H said on RAW about Bryan being the face of the company. Bryan says he doesn’t want to be the face. He calls out Kane for attacking him on RAW. Kane apologizes and says it was unprofessional. Bryan tells Kane to take off the cheap suit, put the mask on and get rid of Corporate Kane. Kane says he’s glad the Team Hell No days are over and the fans chant “you sold out” at him. Bryan tells Kane to come to the ring and settle it. Kane refuses and books Bryan vs. Antonio Cesaro for tonight.
    Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose beat Kofi Kingston and Dolph Ziggler. Seth Rollins was on commentary. Ambrose and Reigns argued the whole match. Reigns hit a Superman punch and a spear on Ziggler and let Ambrose tag himself in to get the pin. Fans chanted for Rollins, the hometown hero.
    The Wyatt Family appear on the big screen after the match and cut a promo.
    Sheamus beat Ryback in what was called a surprisingly good match.
    Renee Young is backstage with Alberto Del Rio with footage of him attacking Batista on RAW. Del Rio says Batista is the animal but he’s the tamer.
    Zeb Colter is out with Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro. He says Swagger won the Elimination Chamber last year and Cesaro will win it this year. Daniel Bryan is out next to a big pop. There were CM Punk chants during this match. Bryan gets the win in an amazing match. After the match, Kane comes out and Cesaro attacks with, hitting a Neutralizer. Kane hits the ring and chokeslams Bryan.
    They air an Ernie Ladd video package for Black History Month.
    A promo with Lana and Alexander Rusev airs.
    AJ Lee with Tamina Snuka beat Nikki Bella with Brie Bella. Nikki accidentally threw AJ into Brie, knocking her off the apron. AJ used Black Widow to get the win.
    Titus O’Neil is backstage with Renee Young. He talks about how he will soon have WWE gold. Darren Young attacks him until security breaks it up.
    Bray Wyatt vs. Goldust is up next. Cody Rhodes, Erick Rowan and Luke Harper were all at ringside. Wyatt ended up getting the win. The Shield appeared on the big screen after the match and said they will claim victory at Elimination Chamber.
    Randy Orton beat Christian in the main event. Christian came off the ropes and Orton caught him with a RKO for the win.
    Not a surprise, Sheamus is a great worker and makes everyone look good, especially big guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Ryback has had plenty of good matches.

Sure he's sloppy sometimes but I don't think he's terrible in the ring.

He's just a nutcase.

Cesaro v Bryan ensures i'll be watching, i'm sure that will be terrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

That main event finish sounds awfully familiar...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Sounds like a really good Smackdown.Christian and Orton always have fantastic matches,and I'm a sucker for those mid-air RKO's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I'm a sucker for those mid-air RKO's.

Evidently so is Christian. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,152 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    That main event finish sounds awfully boring...

Especially with Orton winning

• Registered Users Posts: 32,878 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I think Orton gets an overly hard time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

CSF wrote: »
    I think Orton gets an overly hard time.
    Agreed, it takes two to put on a great match and every time he ha faced Bryan in a match (which the Authority haven't meddled in) he has put on an absolute show, same against the Shield, had two good matches against Cena. He is actually pretty good in the ring when he wants to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Yeah Orton's in-ring ability is the last thing I would critcise about him tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Ive really enjoyed him as champ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I personally love when the crowd ****s all over his matches, like Cena at the Rumble and he goes and eats it up with a pose or a taunt in the crowds direction. Great old heel work that we dont see enough of. Love it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Smackdown was a rather excellent. I will withhold my thoughts until tomorrow TOTAL contrast to Raw. I'll just say it was the first show this year where I felt that Wrestlemania was approaching. Higher quality show and with extra though put into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Enjoyed the Christian Orton match more than I thought I would. Good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,824 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ryback going high risk was unexpected.

JBL really gets annoying with the way his voice keeps going up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Orton changed his jocks mid match on Smackdown :pac:

GBYc7aZ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Every Reigns Superman Punch should be replayed a million times.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've no problems with Orton.

The problem comes from the fact he's often the one put into positions by creative that fans object to; put into feuds or matches against people the fans don't want to see face him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Every Reigns Superman Punch should be replayed a million times.

That one was a thing of beauty. Love his apron dropkick aswell.
    Just about to watch Cesaro vs Bryan now. Btw WTF is up with the crowd audio on the show?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I really enjoyed the Prime Time Players segment, Titus is pretty damn funny and I also found Young's beatdown pretty good too. It would be nice to see a good old fashioned midcard feud again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Ridley

I really enjoyed the Prime Time Players segment, Titus is pretty damn funny and I also found Young's beatdown pretty good too. It would be nice to see a good old fashioned midcard feud again

Shame the crowd will probably be dead for it. I was hoping that the gap made by the title unification would get filled with storylines further down the card.

Meanwhile, Renee Young continues to be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

They'll wrestle next week and that'll be the end of it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    They'll wrestle next week and that'll be the end of it.

Darren young to win via roll up after taking a beat down for most of the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

I just got around to watching smackdown and I have to say it was very good, made up for last weeks dissapointing raw.All the matches were good.Great to see Orton picking up the mic and cutting a promo mid-match, its one of those little things i miss in wrstling, i rmeber chris hero used to do it a bit.Ortons mic work is fantastic at the moment, who'd have though eh? great show,. :)

Advertisement