Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA - Jobseekers Allowance During the Summer

Options
  • 05-02-2014 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

I'm currently getting BTEA, I know during the summer I can apply for Jobseekers Allowance which would be €100 a week as I'm under 25 (I'm 22).

I'm working about 10 hours per week, getting around €90 a week.

Am I able to get Jobseekers Benefit while working since I'm getting less then 25 hours a week?

I ask because I might be better off not working at all during the summer.

Even if I was to leave my job before the Summer, would I still get the Jobseekers Allowance? Or would they ask about the job I just left.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

As far as I know, it's one or the other. Although, if you're only doing 2/3 days a week, you could be entitled to something. Best thing to do is ask, and do so in advance of when you finish up this term.

I had to go on jobseekers for the summer between 1st and 2nd year, but it wasn't automatic, so I had to apply for it before term finished up. Last summer I was lucky enough to get a job so had to go into them as soon as term was finished and make sure my claim was closed. Either way, make sure you go in and explain your situation.

Advertisement