Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History help

Options
  • 05-02-2014 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

If anyone could help me out, current or past Leaving Certs, I'd really appreciate it.
    I have no clue how to study History, and am seriously panicking. I've always done well in past exams but these were all based on only one area of the course. Now I have the mock next Tuesday and the only lead I have is that an essay on
    the 85-86 elections (movements for social and political reform)
    is coming up.
    Looking at the four books in front of me, I haven't the foggiest how to go about narrowing down my targeted study areas, and my worst fear is that I won't be able to write anything come Tuesday.
    Does anyone have any tips on how to approach the subject? I'm managing okay with the rest thus far but History has always given me trouble - the syllabus is overwhelming!

The topics I've covered are:
    Nation States and International Tensions
    Movements for Social and Political Reform
    Dictatorship and Democracy
    (and the case studies, obviously)

Again, I'd seriously appreciate any advice - I'm looking for a B1 come June but that seems so far out of my reach right now! :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Prepare essays on the case studies, Choose likely questions for this year i.e avoid topics that came up in '13, make sure each essay has 8 - 10 paragraphs, and know your essays well (at least 2 major/likely ones from each topic)

Advertisement