Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I even bother starting to study at this stage?

Options
  • 05-02-2014 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

So I'm doing the leaving in June and literally have no clue.

* My attendance is extremely poor, I'm out more than I'm in.

* Same for 5th year, I can't remember anything from it at all.

* I am completely clueless on even where to start studying.

* My teachers won't give me the time or day because they have better students to give there attention to.

* I'm failing Everything

If I knew if that If I started studying now and went in everyday I would pass I would but I honestly don't know If I'l be able fit in two years of work in on time.

I'm not looking for insane points either, at this rate I would be happy with 220.

My subjects are :

Home ec, Higher level
    Biology, OL
    Geography, Higher lever
    Maths, OL
    Irish, Foundation
    Music, OL
    English, OL

So as someone who has the knowledge of a 5th year who's only starting the LC course, do I have any chance of even getting above 200 points if I try from here on?

Also repeating is not an option.

Any help or advice would be great, Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 WhyAlwaysYou

Yes you should start studying at this stage, no matter what way you look at it, this decision right now is probably going to affect the rest of your life. Grinds are definitely your best option now pal if you are really fcked. Grinds grinds grinds.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

Yes, of course you should start studying, any effort is better than none! The previous poster said grinds but that's not always an option for people, and if it isnt an option there is loads you can do yourself.
    Start going to school everyday for a start. If teachers are still covering courses then aim to understand and know what's currently being taught, if revision has started then great, go home in the evening take out the book for whatever chapter you are revising that evening even for 25/30 mins and go over what was revised that day. You can do it, its totally possible, the best thing you can do is change your attitude and be willing to work and willing to believe you can do it. If you've lost class notes from last year , go ask the teacher or borrow them off a friend and if all else fails and you don't find teachers or friends anyhelp , buy exam papers for all your subjects (edco might be handy or any with acess to worked solutions) and start by doing all the exam questions. If you find them impossible at first, use the book, but you should gradually get better and learn things as you're going.
    Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

Ohh and put a bit of effort into your music practical, its worth at least 25% and if you do better in it than listening and composing it's 50% :)

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭sonyvision

Fully agree with all of the above... every day upu leave it the harder its going to be !!

Get up every day go to school and do your srudy its only till june... 4 months is not that long but 60 years of regret is along time if your stuck in a dead end job...

i passed final exams in college with 2 weeks of flat out study got 68% everage...

if you have faith and start revision you will be surprised how much information you will retain.

the exams every year stay simliar in structor learn what will get you marks and loose your marks..remember you can only get marks for what you write so write every thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lynchyboy

Thanks everyone! :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

You are clearly intelligent, this is apparent from your post, how it's laid out and how it's written.

You have serious potential. This is important to understand.
    Please don't just do nothing with it- you have the ability to do really well.

Do your very best, starting tomorrow morning.

And good luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

sonyvision wrote: »
    Fully agree with all of the above... every day upu leave it the harder its going to be !!

Get up every day go to school and do your srudy its only till june... 4 months is not that long but 60 years of regret is along time if your stuck in a dead end job...

i passed final exams in college with 2 weeks of flat out study got 68% everage...

if you have faith and start revision you will be surprised how much information you will retain.

the exams every year stay simliar in structor learn what will get you marks and loose your marks..remember you can only get marks for what you write so write every thing

most jobs are dead end in this country anyway
    we all either end up in office's or in retail :pac: (or austrialia)

Advertisement