Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rented House at Risk if Flooding Today

Options
  • 05-02-2014 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭

It's high tide in an hour and a half, the council have just dropped sand bags to our homes. It's my first time in this situation. Can anyone give me a steer on what happens if my place floods?

Is it tough? Does the EA provide anything by way of alternative accom while we're under water?

Obviously I'll have a conversation with him, but for the moment I have hatches to batten down. Any bit of knowledge ahead of that would be great.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Ensure your contents insurance is up to date would one vital step...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

First off, is it ground floor only, or do you have a first floor also? If you have a first floor, move anything of value to you up there. If you don't have a first floor, check how dry the attic is. Clothes, electrical goods, etc. Also maybe move any perishable food to above 2 feet off the ground.

Advertisement