Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym equip on Lusk ring road

Options
  • 05-02-2014 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Did anybody else spot the Gym equipment installed along the ring road around lusk?
    It seems to be a heavy duty outdoor type bolted to the ground. I presume these were put in by FCC?
    Hopefully the scrap metal thieves will leave these alone.
    It seems an odd place to put them though, right beside a busy road with traffic fumes, but i guess there are few alternatives.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

They were probably placed there as the ring road is used heavily by walkers & joggers. FCC are installing similar along the seafront in Skerries for the same reason..

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Gumble01

they also have some in Kenure woods rush

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Saw these the other night; absolutely bizarre place to put them. Figured it was some sort of art installation. Are people really going to do their workout on the roadside?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

There have been some along the coast road in Clontarf for years and they're very popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,981 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I assumed it was a compromise with the developer over the trees fiasco?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Advertisement