Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mullingar Hospital

Options
  • 05-02-2014 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭

Hi Ladies,

there are so many threads at the moment and everyone is in a different hospital, so i'm all confused about what you need / get where. So i was hoping for some advice from women who have had their children in mullingar, what's it like and do i need to bring EVERYTHING with me? Will there be space for it all?

I am doing my ante natal classed in Athlone so i dont know if i will get to see the maternity ward / labour room in mullingar before the day. Have had one appointment so far and it wasnt informative at all in the hospital. Second appointment in a couple of weeks - due in May.

Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

I had my daughter in Mullingar in april 2012. I brought everything on the list and didn't need half of it. LO was born sunday evening and I got out wens afternoon. In that time I used 2 blankets, 1 sheet, 2 babygros, 2 vests and 1 towel.
    I was admitted the sat morning and needed my OH to bring more bits in for me. Clean PJs, Maternity pads, underwear etc.
    I packed 1 bag for me with all my bits and 1 for baby. As mentioned in the other forum I put nappy, vest sleepsuit and blanket in a separate plastic bag sitting on the top of baby bag for OH to get when it was time to dress baby.
    Im due baba no 2 next month. Ive packed a lot less but have them ready at home for OH to bring in if needed. We live close to the hospital .
    There is a good bit of space as its only 4 beds to ward (when I was there anyway).
    I done my ante natal classes in Mullingar last time and didn't get a tour of the hospital. They said they don't do it as its too busy. Not doing classes this time so may have changed since then.

Re your appointments I found they rush you a lot and you may come out confused. Write down anything you want to ask so you wont forget. As rushed and all as the appointments are they were brilliant when I went in to have my daughter.

I cant think of anything else but hopefully in just under 6 weeks ill be there again so can update if anything has changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

thanks so much for that, it's great to get feedback from someone who's been through it in the hospital.

Advertisement